qs 1000w builds

True. It's 2cm large, but on the tooth side it's not really large. You are right there is not enought space.

Wait the qs 1000 has a tapered shaft now? Mine is not tapered. I just bought a 15mm 219 sprocket from lightning rods and bored it out to 17mm and it works fine.

devo1223 said:
Wait the qs 1000 has a tapered shaft now? Mine is not tapered. I just bought a 15mm 219 sprocket from lightning rods and bored it out to 17mm and it works fine.

In the axle pic they sent me it is tapered. Don't have it in my hand yet.
Boring a small one out or shimming a big one, same difference. The 3/4" one goes lower with the teeth count so that's what I got.

devo1223 said:

Yes. Or actually 1 year ago when I purchased the motor.

But how did you deal with the notch / the slot?

I will go with the larsb's idea.

Hi Guys, this motor looks great. I'm look for a replacement for my cyclone 3000. I'm running it at 72v and am having overheating problems. This motor looks much better built. I wondered if someone could confirm the weight. The spec sheets suggest around 7kg which seems a bit much? Do you think it a worthy replacement for a cyclone?

MarkLeeds said:
Hi Guys, this motor looks great. I'm look for a replacement for my cyclone 3000. I'm running it at 72v and am having overheating problems. This motor looks much better built. I wondered if someone could confirm the weight. The spec sheets suggest around 7kg which seems a bit much? Do you think it a worthy replacement for a cyclone?

This motor is around 3kw cont 10kw peak, the cyclone 3000w is more around 1.6kw cont 5kw peak.

It spins about 4x faster than cyclone since there is no integrated reduction, nor does it have a freewheel. But if you are running the motor hard to the point of overheating you aren't pedalling anyway.
Screenshot_20200829_131537.jpg

MarkLeeds said:

It sure is! But it will be far superior. As Tommm said it spins fast, you’ll need reduction from 8 to 12 to one depending on the top speed you want and your wheel size. I’m planning for left side drive with a 219 chain and and a nuclear controller 12f with this motor, just have to do it.

Tommm said:
This motor is around 3kw cont 10kw peak, the cyclone 3000w is more around 1.6kw cont 5kw peak.
Are you sure ..have you seen it tested .. can you share a link for this.
Im about to get one.

Thanks

Emoto,

A comment posted by me in another place on this site:

"FYI: do not confuse the number "3000" in QS 3000 as meaning the typical motor wattage. If you want to know a high safe figure for short term wattage of these IPM QS motors (say 1/4 mile time) multiply the number after QS by 10 X. So by some ratings the QS3000 is at least a 30,000 watt motor. Reports on Facebook register at 40Kw watts. At any rate that interpretation puts the QS1000 motor safely at 5000 watts. So choose motor size carefully. The QS 1000 motor seems like quite a bit of extra power for a BMX build."

That said and partially substantiated through my experience with QS motors (I have both a QS2000 & QS3000 motor edirtbikes in use) these are not groundless claims. These motors are likely the toughest out there yet for the $$$. Some high priced wire insulation class ratings material could make this motor run safely at higher temps yet.

For marketing purposes which motor naming would sound better: a QS3000 or a QS30,000? You get a 30,000 watt motor when buying a QS3000. Not just any bike conversion is suitable for even 15,000 watts -- the high output of the QS3000 motor with a 150 amp controller.

I have no hands experience with the QS1000 motor so what I have said about the QS1000 is speculation based on a supposed rating method similarity used by QS Motors on some of their other motor's rating/naming.

That said I woud put my spare 100 amp VOTOL controller to use on the QS1000 motor without hesitation except install a heat sensor. I have no heat sensors on the QS2000 & QS3000 as they do not get hot -- warm in the summer when taking them to task.

But note here: the thread Arthur asks of ...1000w builds" not QS1000 builds. To get a 1000w build you must have a 1000 w controller -- likely no bigger.

I researched these motors a while ago, long story short was hoping someone had tortured a 1000w.
Im purchasing a scooter with a 1000w fitted.
So far ive seen 4/ 5kw mentioned ...My hope / dream was finding someone who used to 8/ 10 kw peaks for short duration's
30 seconds would be awesome .
Thanks for posting that it gives me more confidence i can get my desired performance. :D

I have one sitting on a shelf and also a nuclear 12f. I may have to resurrect that project. The LR motors are enticing being smaller and can go to a higher rpm, but I all ready have the qs1000 motor.

I found the peak performance thread DingusMcGee was talking about for anyone interested , included in that thread is fake book link of the guy @ 30+ kw claims on the 3kw motor with video , worth a watch.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93627&start=75
Im quite confident the 1000w can at least take short bursts of 8kw pos even 10 :D

skaiwerd,

Maybe keep that QS1000 on the shelf for now? You mention in the past riding in 20" of snow and weighing over 200?

Once I burned up a CY 3k in deep wet snow -- 90 amp Sabvotan controller at 114v -- near 10,000 watts for a couple minutes. Ruined the controller also.

After a cooling the QS 1000 probably could do another 15 sec bout at 10k -- but not deep snow milling.

I had the QS2000 out yesterday in drifts deeper than the wheel -- of course travel then was assisted with leg work. No hot motor. For some of your riding in the summer maybe the QS1000 but the QS2000 can mill snow incessantly.

Back