Qs moto hub 72360 fardriver power and throttle issue

Loulou702

1 mW
Wired up a new throttle on my keyu f3 th old one still worked but when the new one went on it didn't work tried to put the old one back and now that doesn't either reason I changed throttles was because my qs hub drive would go slightly upon throttle but when applying higher throttle no movement help needed

Have you done the auto learn when you changed the throttle?

During the Auto learn the wheel should spin a few seconds.
In the Auto learn process the lower and upper voltage from the throttle should be set to new values

If I do auto learn, the wheel does spin up to the max rpm and it also spins reverse.
I would have a closer look in the manual how to do the auto learn process.

What throttle values do you actually see in the graph menu?

So I checked my throttle and it had a back sensor replaced it but when I throttled it after changing the hall sensors it said lowside mofset error so now I'm stuck depotting my controller

Have you connected the motor?
If you have not vonnected the motor you will get a mosfet error.

Was your motor and controller combo running before you started to change things?

So you can only double check if everything is ok, and probably the controller was damaged.

The fardriver detects and survives short circuits on the phase wires. I had mine melted and shorted.
But I do not know if it survises a short circuit between hall and phase wires

Sorry can't help you with depotting.
The Sabvoton SVMC72260 i changed all the fets was not potted.
After the fets were changed. It worked again for a few days, and then it didn't recognize the halls anymore.
And as i am no electronic expert that was the end with this controller. A lot of work and money was wasted trying to repair it, and i was shure that it is a controller problem, because it worked with another Sabvoton without any changes , and without any problems.

The now used ND72680 was only twice the price of the changed Mosfets.
20201127_134128.jpg

Last edited:
Since your motor cable was damaged, it probably shorted multiple things together inside it, such as phase wires and hall signals. This damages FETS and often their gate drivers, and sometimes can even damage the control lines from the MCU to the gate drivers.

It can also damage the MCU itself so that it can't read the hall signals from the motor. If the controller doesn't have a sensorless mode then the controller is useless when that happens (you can't buy a new pre-programmed MCU for these things if either of these problems happens).

There's virtually no schematic or other information on specific controller designs, so you'll need to do all the reverse engineering yourself during the troubleshooting process. There are threads around here you can search for that may have some applicable info to get you started, where others have tried to repair or modify their similar controllers.

If you haven't already replaced the cable from the motor to the controller, I'd recommend doing that first to ensure there's no damaged wiring between them, before you replace the controller.

Does the motor make a full turn, or does it move only a few degrees back and forward?
Or does it turn backwards after regenerating with the wheel lifted from the ground?

The quarter turn back is coming from the regen, zwischen does not happen on the road.
Have you checked the voltage reading from the throotle in the graph from the controllet?

Last edited:
Back