QS165 vs QS138

campbellsoup

1 µW
Hey guys, considering an electric go kart build in the nearish future. Wanted to be able to run about 25kw peak at 72 or higher volts. The QS138 motors seem to be able to take a lot of abuse and could manage this but i think the QS 165 looks a lot better and can be had for cheaper. Does anyone have any experience pushing these motors that far? Or am I better off just paying a bit more for the 138. Thanks

Hey guys, considering an electric go kart build in the nearish future. Wanted to be able to run about 25kw peak at 72 or higher volts. The QS138 motors seem to be able to take a lot of abuse and could manage this but i think the QS 165 looks a lot better and can be had for cheaper. Does anyone have any experience pushing these motors that far? Or am I better off just paying a bit more for the 138. Thanks
Qs165v1 physically cannot take more than about 10kW. It's not a heat issue, the inductance just will not let any more in at 72V.
The v2 has about 2/3 the inductance and 5vs7pole pairs so will take a lot more, about 2x that, but heat and saturation will be a big issue...
The qs138 90h will actually eat 25kW for short periods.
This is represented in the weight. Qs138 is simply 2x as heavy.

Back