QS205 motor metric freewheel

litespeed

100 kW
So I have a QS205 motor and when I bought it I was sold an 18 tooth freewheel. With a 44 front it's really hard to even phantom peddle over 20 mph. After 18 mph it's really hard to add input at all. I like to peddle because I don't want to be "noticed" and I like the physical side of bicycling. I would ideally like a 14 or 15 but even a 16 would be better. After searching Google I couldn't find clear indication on what freewheel I need since the QS specs don't line up with freewheel thread sizes. Will this work? ------>. https://www.bikeparts.com/BPC310973/dicta-14t-3-32-metric-freewheel?gclid=CKGH7_mqvM8CFQ6EaQodjC8C4g

On the other side I found a 52 single speed front sprocket I could get so maybe that's my best route?

I'm sure it's obvious to most here but I just can't see it.

Help a brother out?

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 436
litespeed said:
...I don't want to be "noticed" and I like the physical side of bicycling.

Obviously, you have made the wrong choice of motor. Why would you accept the weight penalty of a big motor that can easily beat 70 Mph, when you plan to pedal the bike and sweat some exercise on it ?

No, I chose the right motor I just decided to be cool with it. I don't want to ruin it for myself or anyone else for that matter. When I'm on bike trails with bikes around I "blend in!" When I'm out by myself (on a closed private course! :D ) then it's 50+ mph......62mph was my max so far before I even got into OVS at 12.2KW. My bike is a multi purpose machine. Docile when it needs to be and completely hard to handle when I want it to be. I don't want multiple bikes....just one that does it all.

Exercise is exercise. Adding throttle makes a 100 lbs bike feel like a 10lb bike if I want it to be. Weight doesn't matter.

Back to the question please.

Tom

The spec sheet in your post's image shows that it is English threading for freewheel, which probably means ISO, so it shoudl work with any standard freewheel.
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/freewheels.html
Chart there says that's 1.375" x 24 tpi or 34.92 x 1.058 mm

The smallest I've seen on that size is 16T.

The actual threading for your motor you'd need to verify; the link above lists a couple ways.

Back