Question on using a 52v Battery with my Tongsheng TSDZ2B 48 Volt 750 watt Motor with OSF Firmware.

DChristy2

1 µW
I have read some of the discussions on using a 52v battery with a Tongsheng TSDZ2B 48 Volt 750 watt motor that has OSF firmware installed but did not find a clear answer that fit my situation. I would greatly appreciate any help from the more experieced folks in this forum. For a couple of years, I have been running a Tongsheng TSDZ2B 48 Volt 750 watt motor wiith OSF firmware and a flashed 850C display. I purchased the motor already congured with the OSF, for my 48 volt battery. My question is - can I just swap the 48v battery to a 52v battery after changing the display battery voltage setting to 52v or will I need to first reflash the motor firmware (which I'm clueless about). I don't want to risk burning up the motor. I've found some comments suggesting it would be no problem switching from a 48v to a 52v battery while others say that it won't work without reflashing the motor with new firmware. Any helpful input would be greatly appreciated.

not sure which osf you are running, but i assume mbrusa's is the same - and casainho's osf works fine with 48/52v with no re-flashing required. i have two bikes, both running casainho's osf - one is 48v, the other 52v.

I am not 100% sure but I believe it will work fine... except that your displayed battery data and state of charge won't be accurate. I'd just flash and configure to for 52V when you get a chance. Elinx may correct me if I am wrong.

I am not 100% sure but I believe it will work fine... except that your displayed battery data and state of charge won't be accurate. I'd just flash and configure to for 52V when you get a chance. Elinx may correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you. Very helpful.

Back