Questions about setting up CA

JoBlo

10 µW
So finally, I connected the shunt and the throttle signal to the controller.
Following the instructions in the Guide, I set most of the basic configurations in the CA. Unfortunately I made a few mistakes in the process. Therefore I have a few questions and your help would be appreciated a lot.

1. Ebrake connections.
Does this look like a good ebrakes parallel connection using "Case 1" in the Guide?
-------------------------------------------Hole #1--------Hole #2----------Hole #3--------------Hole# 4

CA ebrake female connector:-------V+ wire--------No wire---------Ground wire---------No wire

Left brake handle male conn:-------V+wire---------Ground wire

Right brake handle male conn:-----------------------------------------Ground wire---------V+wire

2. Zero Current Calibretion.
In section 4.5.1.2 of the guide: "Verify Zero Current Calibration.
By default, Cal-> ZeroAmps is set to 2.50 V.
When I press and hold the right button in this setup, the display flashes but stays at 2.50 V.
Since I have an external shunt, it looks like the CA obtains power independently of the controller. In this case , to obtain zero calibration the guide says it has to be done with the controller main power or 'ignition wire' disconnected. Not being sure of what the controller main power or ignition wire is, I tried disconnecting both red and black wires from the controller end of the shunt. After disconnecting them, I turned power OFF, then turned it back ON. I noticed that the CA was powered indeed. So I tried resetting the Cal-> ZeroAmps to 0 and It did not work? Did I not understand something?

3. In section 4.6.2.1.b.
I set all three ThrO->UpRate, ThrO->DownRate and ThrO->FastRate to 99.99 V/Sec. Prior to this setting, I took note of the values that were there. Unfortunately I lost these informations. Therefore I could not reset the original values. Do you know if these were Firware set? If so, can you remind me what they are? If they weren't firmware set, does this mean I would have to dowload the software and redo the entire setting procedure over again?

4. In section 4.6.1.3 SETUP BATTERY
5.Batt->Vlt Cutoff. I do not have that information. Is it worth searching for it or is there a standard value that CAN do?
That's all for now. Thanks a million times.

JoBlo

1-
I don't know what that means, a wiring diagram is more descriptive. But if you wire the switches in parallel then either lever (or both together) will trigger the regen.
I you wire the switches in series then you need to apply both levers for it to work, front or back on its own on't activate it.

2,3,4 Which version CA?

Back