Qulbix Q76R Frame Kits & Complete Bikes PRE-ORDER

Considering building up this bike.

Has anyone had issues with chain slap?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_64s2XZEXg

What is the most power one could safely run though this bike/swing arm? I saw a busted dropout where the wheel is bolted on a bike running at 12kw but i'm wondering if that's an exception and/or something that should be remedied with extra torque arms.

How do people like the overdrive? I want to pedal along and while a gates + schlumpf hsd looks great the cost is way higher ($250 vs $850) and it doesn't seem like it would work on this bike?

Where do people lock up the bike? I was going to use tamper proof bolts, card security, and a u lock through the seat post?

@hgclobo How are the lipos treating you? How is the voltage sag? Do they perform okay? They are sooo cheap!

Any thoughts on this frame versus the Vector Typhoon. I know its steel + al using box construction vs soft steel gusseted tube (stronger/safer?). ~7kg vs ~11kg (lots of conflicting info here). Slightly larger usable frame cross section on the Typhoon. The position of the peals in relation to the pivot point is different. The width is 76mm vs 120mm (eww but could alow better controller mounting). Bottom bracket is different. Does one feel more rugged (typhoon?), pedal nicer (qulbix?), etc?

I've kinda ruled out the EEB ($350) and NYX ($1500) due to price. The delivered frame prices on these two frames are pretty comparable right now.

Thanks for the feedback!

Where the bolts were got bent open. He said it was the first ride so I’m guessing it was poor installation (forgot the bolts or something). I just figured I should double check that 10-20kw was reasonable because that is a lot of torque concentrated at one point on a bike frame and they did remove a lot of material down there. :)

The only way I was able to deal with chain slap and got rid of it was using the Shimano zee rear derailleur. This has a clutch system and works great. It eliminated almost all slap and the chain was completely silent. If you don't use a clutch system it will slap around.

The other issue is using a 10.5" shock, that will give you so much rear travel that the rear derailleur has a hard time keeping it all tensioned. Probably better off using a 10.0" shock on this bike. They changed the specs on this bike so it is really designed for a 10.0" rear shock now and not a 10.5". A 10.5" will work but it is so much rear travel that the derailleur has difficulty keeping it tensioned when the suspension is fully compressed, but I got my Shimano zee to just work with the 10.5, but I had no more adjustment.

I'm not sure what else is out there but a clutch derailleur works.

I've never heard anyone damaging their drop outs. You need to make sure you use the bolt to keep it secure.

Hello!!!

My god I´ve been reading that post for three hours now and still do have 20 pages to go!! Really interesting, thank you very much to post your knowledge about the 76r!!

What I´vent seen yet its the top speed and range you get, or its not allowed to tell the top speed? since the e-bikes are limited to 25kmh in europe and 35kmh in USA I think.

Well, im almost pulling the trigger in one of thse frames, so I´ve read few posts back that they offered a 40% discount, do you know if they give away discount codes usually?

Could you help me to choose my electronics and hardware when i´ll ready to get the frame?

Thanks again and greetings from Spain.

Hey,
Max speed on mine ( qs205 @ 72v ) is something like 70km/h without flux weakening. BUT: even though the frame is nice and robust, I wouldn't recommend getting one.
The problem about this bike is that it sits between the light motorcycle market where it is dominated by sur-ron, and "heavy ass pedelec" where an lmx 64 or a spitting M1 looks more fun if you like throwing around your bike.

I still love my q76 and actually it helps me a LOT here in France during the transport service strike (nice to have speed and be able to squeeze between lanes in traffic) but I have to admit that there are better options now depending on what you plan to do with it.

You can't really compare this to the Sur-Ron as it has no real pedal option. Mine tops out around 45mph with a 5T QS205 V3. I'm running a 20S10P 72v battery and love the bike. The power it has is crazy it will pull the front wheel off the ground at any speed below 15mph. We have driven 30 miles in one trip and used about 35% of the battery (3200mah cells) Only thing is we wish it was lighter as it comes in just over 100lbs.

cmacclel said:
You can't really compare this to the Sur-Ron as it has no real pedal option.
the Sur Ron actually has a pedal option, it's just janky: https://surron.co.uk/products/surron-lbx-pedal-conversion-kit

Besides, here's my q76 (updated since then with a nucular) :
https://gloob.eu/2019/04/07/qulbix-almost-done/
There's no pedal on this one.

I think the comparison applies

cmacclel said:
In the US anyway you need pedals or it's considered a motorcycle.
depends on where you are.

some states (probably most at this point, haven't checked) the power level alone would make this a motorcycle, pedals or not.

some states have no requirement of a bicycle to have functional pedals (or pedals at all) to be a bicycle.

you'd need to check the specifics of the law in your area that defines a bicycle, and then anything that specifically differentiates an ebike from that, if there is any.

amberwolf said:
cmacclel said:
In the US anyway you need pedals or it's considered a motorcycle.
depends on where you are.

some states (probably most at this point, haven't checked) the power level alone would make this a motorcycle, pedals or not.

some states have no requirement of a bicycle to have functional pedals (or pedals at all) to be a bicycle.

you'd need to check the specifics of the law in your area that defines a bicycle, and then anything that specifically differentiates an ebike from that, if there is any.

Of course the power levels make this considered a motorcyle but how the police in my area could care less at this point in time. If I had no pedals I think would be a whole different story. We just make believe pedal when we see police officers. They never have even really looked at us.

karmonkey said:
What I´vent seen yet its the top speed and range you get, or its not allowed to tell the top speed? since the e-bikes are limited to 25kmh in europe and 35kmh in USA I think.

Others have already chimed in with real world numbers so I won't bother guessing. Third party controllers won't limit speed unless you tell them to. Legally... ummm yeah. Anyways, speed depends on the motor size and winding. The more common motors for these are the QS205 (~25lbs but strong), MXUS 3k (~15lbs but a decent performer), Lightning Rods kit (8lbs strong mid drive). You want/need hub-sinks on a hub motor to dissipate heat. If your area is hilly, you are heavy, or you do lots of stop and go you want a motor wound more for torque. If you will spend a lot of time cruising you can get a motor wound more for speed. Essentially the motors have an efficiency sweet spot.

karmonkey said:
Well, im almost pulling the trigger in one of thse frames, so I´ve read few posts back that they offered a 40% discount, do you know if they give away discount codes usually?

Probably won't get a huge discount anytime soon. It was discounted 10% off on black Friday this year but the accessories I planned on getting were no longer on sale so it ended up being a bit of a wash.

The Vector Typhoon ($600 + shipping but it goes on sale sometimes)
EEB ($300) are a bit cheaper but the design is slightly different.
Here is a build thread comparing the EEB and Qulbix. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=95104
The Typhoon is basically a better constructed EEB from what I understand.
I also echo the sentiment that the LMX is a sweet bike. Similar to a Qulbix + Lightning Rod kit. Hopefully I don't feel buyers remorse. :)

You will need components that can keep up with the wattage demands of the motor.
You will need a 72v+ battery. People seem to be going with Samsung 25r cells. I plan on trying to fit Samsung 40t cells (anyone tried this).
You will need a BMS or better yet an active balancer.
You will need a controller; Accelerated Systems, Mobipus, Sabaton, Nuclear, Kelly, etc. The tiny and neat Adaptto isn't really around any more. It was VESC based - there should be some replacements on the market soonish hopefully. You want a controller with lots of high quality mosfets and decent software. The big issue is they get large and expensive fast.

Just remember that with all the odds and ends (bike light, suspension, etc) it's gonna much more get WAAAY expensive than the frame makes it seem.

Hi All,
I just read thru this thread and want to thank you for good input.
The main thing I was looking for is info about a fuse or breaker on the battery, but I didn't see much. Are people , not , using breakers? I dont see much accommodations on this frame(76r) for the such. If anyone has any input on this, could you share with me, here or PM
Thnx doug

douglashart said:
Hi All,
I just read thru this thread and want to thank you for good input.
The main thing I was looking for is info about a fuse or breaker on the battery, but I didn't see much. Are people , not , using breakers? I dont see much accommodations on this frame(76r) for the such. If anyone has any input on this, could you share with me, here or PM
Thnx doug

The frame has plenty of room inside for what ever you want to do. I personally installed a rotary on / off switch that disconnects the battery from everything.

Hi every one i have a qulbix q76r and have problem with a display settings, I give the bike to a friend for a test ride as he thinks of getting one but he start playing with a settings and bike don't going like it was before. Any one have a password for a manual or know on what setting it should run? I think some values on the trotle are set up wrong.

Wysłane z mojego HRY-LX1T przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about selling my Qulbix 76 here in NYC.

Do you think I should just sell the whole bike or sell the parts?'

Is selling it on endless sphere the best bet, or would you consider listing it on places like craigslist or Ebay?

How much is the bike worth with a 3KW battery, Max-e controller, adaptto BMS?

MbAIXQU.jpg

Do you know what is the largest chainring that fits this frame? I just bought one and I'm not sure what to get for it

virhiryu said:
Hi every one i have a qulbix q76r and have problem with a display settings, I give the bike to a friend for a test ride as he thinks of getting one but he start playing with a settings and bike don't going like it was before. Any one have a password for a manual or know on what setting it should run? I think some values on the trotle are set up wrong.

Wysłane z mojego HRY-LX1T przy użyciu Tapatalka

Always say "my dad says no one is allowed on it" ...
Lol..

Best bet it to learn your screen settings and have a play..

YouTube is your best friend 👍

Back