Random Rant of a Seller on This Forum

np127

10 mW
I know Chaka is known around the electric skateboard community as a really helpful and knowledgeable person, and I'm not going to take anything away from that. He has always been helpful and responsive to me in the past up until my last stint with him. Anyway, I ordered a nunchuck complete kit from him. It supposed to have all of the required parts for me to complete my own nunchuck remote, and all I have to do is solder them together. However, to my surprise, he sent me a Wii remote instead of a Wii nunchuck. I knew that he was a busy person and all, so he probably just did it by accident. Long story short, I asked him to correct the mistake. Not only did he not attempt to fix the problem, he gave me short and snarky messages saying that I was wrong, and he sent everything out correctly. He then tried to block me from pm, so I had to open a paypal dispute. He claimed that I have insulted him by calling him out on his mistake on Paypal, and Chaka began to patronize me on how I need to learn to use Google more.

TLDR: Chaka, stop being arrogance, and admit that you are wrong. Also, you should use Google sometimes and look up " good customer service" .

Here is all the messages before he blocked me:

Sent: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:51 pm
by np127
I think you have made a mistake, and you are just refusing to right the problem. I would like to receive either a partial refund or a full refund. You should take care of the return shipping since it is not my fault that you have sent the wrong item along with missing another component.

Re: Vedder Spark Wiring
Sent: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:36 pm
by np127
But what is the wii remote has to do with this mod? I though you supposed to send me a nunchuck. Also, there is no connector to connect the nrf chip to the vesc.

Sent: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:34 pm
by chaka
It is, everything needed is there.

Sent: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:30 pm
by np127
I thought this is supposed to be a complete kit with everything I needed to complete a vedder's nunchuck remote? I don't really understand what the the Wii remote has anything to do with this?

Sent: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:27 pm
by chaka
You ordered the kit not the completed mod. If you would like to send it back for a refund I have no issues with that.

Sent: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:08 pm
by np127
Hi, I have received the package, but I think you sent me the wrong one. I sent me a Wii remote, not a nunchuck.

Attachments

• WiiRemote1.jpg
    WiiRemote1.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 2,793
  • B002I08DQI_WiiChuck.jpg
    B002I08DQI_WiiChuck.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 2,793
There are better ways of extorting money than claiming I sent you the wrong remote? Why on earth would I send you $35 wii remote rather than a $3 nunchuk?

And customer service? Are you referring to the 100+ emails we had while I walked you through wiring the anti-spark switch you bought from another seller?

chaka said:
There are better ways of extorting money than claiming I sent you the wrong remote? Why on earth would I send you $35 wii remote rather than a $3 nunchuk?

And customer service? Are you referring to the 100+ emails we had while I walked you through wiring the anti-spark switch you bought from another seller?
That is what I have been trying to tell you the entire time, but you didn't even bother to listen. You sent me a brand new $35 Wii remote, when all I wanted was a $3 nunchuck. I think Mellisa Clark (your spouse/wife/etc.) who put everything together wasn't familiar with the contents of the package. I did mention that you were helpful before this incident, and I never forced you to help me. You could have just said that you were busy. I would have been totally fine with that, since I didn't buy that specific item from you and therefore not your responsibility. Also, it was no where near 100+ emails. I only asked you for a picture of the wiring, but it was like pulling teeth from you, showing one part of it at a time. Let's make a deal. If I send it back, and it turns out you were wrong (the package contains a brain new Wii remote). You are going to have to send me a complete nunchuck mod.

np127 said:
Let's make a deal. If I send it back, and it turns out you were wrong (the package contains a brain new Wii remote).

Could you not just go out and buy a wii remote and send it back to him to "prove" that you were right?

To be honest, why would he even have a brand new wii remote to send to you in the first place..

Did you win PayPal case?
I would first do that, then come back to this thread with more proof. And I wouldn't ask chaka anything if I were you, just leave bad feedback with more proof. Otherwise why would anyone believe you?

If I were to go out and buy a new Wii remote, the entire thing would cost a lot more than a complete mod itself. A complete mod is only $60 plus shipping. The complete kit that I bought from him is already $50 plus shipping. Like he said, a new Wii remote cost $35 compare to the $3 nunchuck. I'm not that stupid nor is my ego that big to just put all that effort and money to prove that I'm right. To be honest, it might be his supplier of the nunchuck who packed the wrong remote. Also, Paypal is still examining the case.

np127 said:
If I were to go out and buy a new Wii remote, the entire thing would cost a lot more than a complete mod itself. A complete mod is only $60 plus shipping. The complete kit that I bought from him is already $50 plus shipping. Like he said, a new Wii remote cost $35 compare to the $3 nunchuck. I'm not that stupid nor is my ego that big to just put all that effort and money to prove that I'm right. To be honest, it might be his supplier of the nunchuck who packed the wrong remote. Also, Paypal is still examining the case.

So why come on the forum and cry about it when Paypal is solving it for you anyway.... I'd be just sending back the lot and requesting a refund. Simple, clean, start again.

Lurkin said:
np127 said:

So why come on the forum and cry about it when Paypal is solving it for you anyway.... I'd be just sending back the lot and requesting a refund. Simple, clean, start again.
Just letting people know and share my exprience. I already close the dispute. Decided to just keep them, buy the missing parts with the money from selling the wrong remote. It would have more money with the return postage.

np127 said:
Just letting people know and share my exprience. I already close the dispute. Decided to just keep them, buy the missing parts with the money from selling the wrong remote.

Not to say the same thing over and over, but without any proof you could have completely made up this experience...

First, you complain about being sent a remote worth 10 times a nunchuk, then you decide to cancel your dispute, sell the remote, and buy a nunchuk for significantly less: the whole time you didn't document doing anything.

This whole situation is just words typed up on a computer with nothing to back it up, and you can't believe everything you read on the internet!

cmatson said:
np127 said:
Just letting people know and share my exprience. I already close the dispute. Decided to just keep them, buy the missing parts with the money from selling the wrong remote.

Not to say the same thing over and over, but without any proof you could have completely made up this experience...

First, you complain about being sent a remote worth 10 times a nunchuk, then you decide to cancel your dispute, sell the remote, and buy a nunchuk for significantly less: the whole time you didn't document doing anything.

This whole situation is just words typed up on a computer with nothing to back it up, and you can't believe everything you read on the internet!
You can choose to believe whatever you want. Like I have stated in the title, this is just a random rant. I don't know how I could have possibly document this. I decided to cancel the dispute because it is just more cost effective, and I don't have to wait for paypal to resolve this. Even if I sell the Wii remote, I'm probably not going to get that much back after the shipping and selling's fee. It would have been a lot less trouble if he had just offered me the return postage or ship me the nunchuck.

I just want to say that I understand very well your post. Some weeks ago I asked him about his products and his answers were quite rude and as you said his arrogance was astonishing. I just wanted to know if he could build me a custom battery pack and price. His answers were "If you are looking for something cheap you may want to build it yourself" (I just wanted to know the price of the pack), and finally he ended the conversation with "We have added you to a list and have decided to never do business with you". :shock: :shock:
I understand he must be very busy (as I am) but he needs to rethink his customer service as I told him.

I almost abandon the idea of the DIY skate but the awesome people of this forum, always willing to help, made me go for it. Nice people here!

Add me to the list of pi@@ed of people. I ordered a Vesc in December 2015. Paid.

Got an email nearly a month later telling me there was an extra $50 shipping to pay as they had had a few missing deliveries. So I got back from being away for 3 weeks to find I now need to wait for other suppliers to get them back in stock, I won't get one till late Feb now at best.

If you cange a price you absolutely cannot retrospectively change it on existing orders. Thread below on the VESC forum.

I'll never consider doing business with them again. Very amateur.

http://vedder.se/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48

Thanks for the business and support guys! Yesterday was the busiest day we have had since we started building the VESC! I guess the saying is true about bad press. :D

I will continue to help anyone who asks no matter if they are a customer of ours or someone else. It will take more than a few pushy personalities to scare us away!

@Roger I am truly sorry we had to ask you to pay for the shipping price increase. We sell the VESC at what would normally be a below wholesale price at any manufacturer and there is no room for losses due to international shipping without tracking. It sucks, we know. But it was a necessary decision we had to make and we were happy to give you a full refund as offered when we gave you the news.

@Leonard We are well aware that some people will get upset by our "take no sh*!" motto and they are welcome to share their unsatisfactory experience with the world. We encourage you to do so. We want everyone to know we do not cater to self entitled attitudes or behavior. We have the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime!

The truth is, if you treat my staff and I with kindness and respect you will be treated like family. :wink:

chaka said:
@Leonard We are well aware that some people will get upset by our "take no sh*!" motto and they are welcome to share their unsatisfactory experience with the world. We encourage you to do so. We want everyone to know we do not cater to self entitled attitudes or behavior. We have the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime!

This the arrogant attitude I was talking about, I don't do business with this kind of people, so we agree, I don't want to buy you anything and you refuse to service me, perfect deal for both of us!! :D
Your last sentence is a pure and simple lie and I have the messages to proof this, I treated you with kindness and you answered me with rudeness and arrongace. End of the story for me. Have a good day! :D

I've have nothing but great answers to my questions as well as great service. Had an issue with one of my vescs and was immediately offered free return shipping.
Keep up the good work Jeremiah!!!

P.S.
I ship things like crazy all over the place as well. International shipping is expensive. The best way to not have to pay international shipping prices is obviously to Move Closer!

psychotiller said:
I've have nothing but great answers to my questions as well as great service. Had an issue with one of my vescs and was immediately offered free return shipping.

P.S.
I ship things like crazy all over the place as well. International shipping is expensive. The best way to not have to pay international shipping prices is obviously to Move Closer!

Brilliant, I'll move to America, or Australia, so I can get VESCs easier. Must get the VISA application started.

... hang on, I've found a German seller. Move cancelled.

RogerD said:
psychotiller said:

P.S.

Brilliant, I'll move to America, or Australia, so I can get VESCs easier. Must get the VISA application started.

^That or don't whine about shipping costs....Either way WIN WIN

psychotiller said:
RogerD said:
psychotiller said:

P.S.

^That or don't whine about shipping costs....Either way WIN WIN

You are kidding me right? $60 USD for shipping an envelope? And I wasn't complaining about the (high) cost, I was pissed off that the cost was increased 6 fold after I'd placed and paid for the order. 3 weeks after. Call it what you like, whining, complaining, it doesn't change the fact it's poor practice and has wasted my time.

Yeah! Shipping an envelope with any security or tracking is right there above the $50 dollar mark! I just shipped to Australia, Canada and refunded an order to France last week for that very reason. Everyone wants good, solid parts, but then they expect them at walmart prices...Then to take it a step further they seem to think that even then shipping shouldn't be at their expense. SDP-SI doesn't even tell you what your shipping cost will be. They just send you a confirmation of cost a couple days after your order. Do you think they ever absorb any shipping costs?
He changed the cost on your shipping because it most likely changed on him.

Back