Real spot welding machines. Which is the better deal ?

Skyler

100 W
I have been looking at getting a decent spot welding machine that does not have or need a battery but runs off AC power. I had a cheap $20 spot welder that hooked to a lawn mower battery and sparks and flames came out of it when trying to weld with it.

I am NOT looking to do modifications to make something work that is faulty by piss poor design of mosfets or other inferior electronics. I want a reliable spot welder that I can use to build 26650 cells as well as 18650. I want at least 0.2mm NOT just 0.15.

The one that caught my eye would be the US Solid model. Also Maximum welding energy of 119 J.

The other models are obviously made in China and not sure how many J. I am new to specifications on spot welders. I am knowlegable about ebike motors and controller as well as battery specs. Not spot welder specs.

I am starting this post to hope and get a better understanding of what is good and what is junk. I certainly do not want a unit that fails miserably after a few spot welds. I need one that is capable of building many large 26650 packs and at least a few years of service before failure and repair options.

I am hoping someone here is familiar with these NON portable AC spot welding machines. Therefore if it is not AC or has a battery inside or external please post on the other post about cheap $20 spot welders.

I am posting three units to start. My budget is < $250 and looking at a minimum of 0.2 mm nickel strip. I am not interested in 0.1.5 or less I would like to know how many amps 0.2 will handle vs 0.15mm.

I also would like to know what power level is recommended for 26650 LIFEPO4 cells. vs 18650. Is copper better or will nickel work. Looking at 100 amps for a possible 18S - 10 to 15P A123 - 26650 cells.

Thank you and hope to hear from someone.

Skyler.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.png
    2.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.png
    3.png
    266.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 4.png
    4.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 5.png
    5.png
    190.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 6.png
    6.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 20
The biggest name in the game is a kWeld. Might be right around your budget, but it'll likely be the last one you need to buy. Search around the forums here, plenty of into about them.

The one that caught my eye would be the US Solid model.

The other models are obviously made in China and not sure how many
The US Solid is made in china by SUNKKO and you can get it unbranded at Alibaba directly from the manufacturer or AliExpress from a dropshipper. Vevor is SUNKKO brand as well.
Also, look at the SUNKKO, all the circuit boards are available for repair (AliExpress) and you can actually build your own and put it in your own case. You can select to use 220v and a 200w transformer if your want.

he biggest name in the game is a kWeld. Might be right around your budget, but it'll likely be the last one you need to buy. Search around the forums here, plenty of into about them.

Ok. I will look at them if they have an AC unit.

he US Solid is made in china by SUNKKO and you can get it unbranded at Alibaba directly from the manufacturer or AliExpress from a dropshipper. Vevor is SUNKKO brand as well.
Also, look at the SUNKKO, all the circuit boards are available for repair (AliExpress) and you can actually build your own and put it in your own case. You can select to use 220v and a 200w transformer if your want.

WOW ! I was really hoping it was made in the US. I guess the US just don't make much of anything anymore. It is sad.
I guess it is cheaper to ship stuff here then make it here.

I don't have a 220 outlet. Still looking at the US solid as says it can go up to 0,35 mm. It may not but should do 0.2 with no problem.

It is great that they sell circuit boards for repair , but is that they need to be replaced often ? Also how much trouble to replace ?

I got lucky with the first batch of 26650 cells as had nickel tabs to solder to. Solder wont stick to the one side of the second batch and have a lot of 18650 cells I can build with a BMS and place in a small Ammo box for safety and sell them. I only run LFP and LTO.

Thanks for posting.

Skyler.

Back