Realization of speed limit VESC

Oldbike2011

1 µW
Flipsky BLDc 6354 190 KV
36 V accu
Mini Vesc 4.2
Firmware 5.02 Customized using PAS and Bluetooth dongle

28 Zoll E-bike
Unfortunately, this combination is a bit fast on my ebike.
If I want to limit the speed with the ERPM, this is not saved permanently. As soon as I select a different profile, the setting is deleted again.
There is also the question of whether it makes sense to ride the motor with less voltage, there are too many KV. However, I tried it with a 5S battery and it didn't work at all, the motor turned much too slowly.
Can someone please help me with the speed limitation?
Or is the motor completely unsuitable

Thanks

It looks like the profiles have speed limits that may be separate from the ERPM limits? So those would override the ERPM limiter maybe so you just need to set the speed limit in each of the profiles instead. I haven't used the profiles so this is just a guess. Unless there is some other reason than speed I would stick to the current battery so you will still have good acceleration through most of your speed range.

Yes, the profiles have speedlimits. But the question is, where can I configure that the flipsky motor is
working with an 28 Zoll wheel?
At the time the speed limits data’s are not realistic…

You set that in Motor Settings/cfg > Additional Info. You need to set the motor poles, gear ratio and wheel diameter then the speed will be correct.

I don't know if your bike is a middrive going through the drive train or a direct drive. You of course can only set the gear ratio to one value so you could just set it assuming you are in your fastest gear and the bike will be limited to slower than that in other gears. Without an additional speed sensor the VESC has no idea how fast the bike is moving if the gear ratio changes.

Back