Rear Hub Installation - Axle Fit

Tom

1 kW
Hi guys, installing my first hub motor. I'm noticing the hub axle does not fit all the way into the rear fork. Is this a good enough fit or should I try to get it further in?

IMG_1108.jpg

I'd try to get it further in. Don't be afraid to bang on them with a hard rubber mallet etc. I actually covered a steel spike with a rag and used a hammer and I had to use quite a bit of force to get mine all the way seated. :mrgreen:

I'd rather use a file then use force.

I'd not ride it in that condition.

Another thing might be the raised area of the derailleur hanger interfering with proper seating of the large outside washer.
Check your axle nuts for tightness before riding especially for the first few rides. They will get loose.

I had the exact fitting problem with my BMC. Just file down the corners a little bit. That will allow the axle to seat all the way. Do not file the broad sides.

Is there a hub motor with cassette and disc rotor that will fit in a 135 mm drop out ?

Crystalyte series 4 can easy be fitted with disc into 135mm dropout even with 7 speed. Just order it with two threaded covers. Series 5 must have 150mm dropouts if you want standard disc and 7 speed cassete.

x4-PC100009.jpg

x4-PC100012.jpg

x4-PC100013.jpg

Tom said:
Hi guys, installing my first hub motor. I'm noticing the hub axle does not fit all the way into the rear fork. Is this a good enough fit or should I try to get it further in?

Turn bike upside down. Gravity will help you. And yes do file dropout a little. Bike repair stand is the best bicycle tool I ever bought.

HAL9000v2.0 said:
Crystalyte series 4 can easy be fitted with disc into 135mm dropout even with 7 speed. Just order it with two threaded covers.
Where do I find a threaded cover? I have a 407 and I am really wanting disc brakes. Any place sell just the cover?
Thanks

rdobolina said:
HAL9000v2.0 said:
Crystalyte series 4 can easy be fitted with disc into 135mm dropout even with 7 speed. Just order it with two threaded covers.
Where do I find a threaded cover? I have a 407 and I am really wanting disc brakes. Any place sell just the cover?
Thanks

Contact Ypedal or ebikes.ca. Gaston has said he had a box full. justiln_le had them on the website but I can't find them now. Try an email or pm.

Back