• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Relative quietness between MAC hub motor and BBS02

MAC with Infineon controller does have a small electronic whine, most notable to me during acceleration.
Once you are at speed... either the whine is reduced, or the rush of air past ears masks it.

BBS02 is electronically nearly silent. Do hear some mechanical noise, but very minor.

OptimusPrime said:
Can you recommend a sine wave controller that would work with the MAC?

I'm using the Phaserunner with a MAC 12T on a trike. The hub is closer to my ear than the BBS02 was, and the MAC is quieter.

Downright silent below 100 watts.

OptimusPrime said:
izeman said:
a MAC with a sine wave controller is noiseless. you won't hear the gears at all.
the bbs is super quiet as well.
Can you recommend a sine wave controller that would work with the MAC?
man, i wish i could. i tried quite some controllers, but they ALL have issues. kelly works quite fine, but not perfectly nice.
if you want to go cheap, maybe try powervelocity's controllers. didn't have a chance to test adaptto or sabvoton or phaserunner.
if you find one, please post back your results.

I can answer my own question now since I have them both. On hard acceleration they are about the same volume but each has a different quality. At slow cruise the BBS02 is quieter. At fast cruise you really don't hear much of either one compared to wind and tire noise.

Back