Replacing a BMS Help

izy

100 mW
so i drew too much current and blew broke some mosfets on my bms
I am planning to replacing the "5 fets even though 1 broke"

but as a side measure I am planning to replace it with a smart bms with blutooth and a switch support

the new bms is 2 wire not 3 wire

If i want tokeep the batteries hailong output and keep the xlr charging

Am i safe to assume all i need to do is combine P- and C- into 1 wire and keep the Original C+ as the connects to all same connection as P+

the B+ wire you see below is spare as my bms originally had B+ output and another B+ from the wires themselves they both go same spot

heres my proposed diagram
unknown.png

0uTHP0x.png

9kCIbGl.png

izy said:

Am i safe to assume all i need to do is combine P- and C- into 1 wire and keep the Original C+ as the connects to all same connection as P+
If the BMS is 2 wire, you don't need to combine any wires on the BMS. You simply connect the charging - wire and the discharging - wire togehter, and that goes to the BMS's single - charge/discharge wire.

Everything else should be the same as on the old BMS.

amberwolf said:
izy said:

If the BMS is 2 wire, you don't need to combine any wires on the BMS. You simply connect the charging - wire and the discharging - wire togehter, and that goes to the BMS's single - charge/discharge wire.

Everything else should be the same as on the old BMS.
my point is I have a separate charging connector as the bms is replacing a dead hailong bms as i want the uart/bt functionality

my plan is to keep the mount on frame where it discharges into the bike on use.
and keep the xlr connector to charge it

izy said:
my point is I have a separate charging connector as the bms is replacing a dead hailong bms as i want the uart/bt functionality
Yes. That is why I said what I said. This leaves you with exactly the same setup you had before. (except that because the BMS does not have separate ports, the connectors are tied together).

amberwolf said:
izy said:
Yes. That is why I said what I said. This leaves you with exactly the same setup you had before. (except that because the BMS does not have separate ports, the connectors are tied together).

yeah what i mean was connecting the discharging wire and charging wires together

thats what i meant by combining them lol
USpSYbT.png

Back