Resistive throttle to servo tester throttle range adjust?

Trogdor

100 µW
Hi all,
I'm working on running an RC ESC with a servo tester and twist-grip throttle. The problem is the throttle rotation range is less than 90 degrees, while the servo tester needs to rotate about 180 degrees for the ESC to reach full throttle. If I wire it up as it is, I'll only get about 50% of full throttle. I don't think the ESC can calibrate its endpoints down this far. I've done a lot of searching and can't seem to find posts about this specific issue.

I thought about using a pot with double the resistance (using a 20k pot instead of the original 10k), but - if I'm understanding this correctly - this won't work if the servo tester uses the pot as a voltage divider. So my question is: Is there a way to reduce the 0 to 100% throw of the servo tester from 180 degrees to 90 degrees?

I also have pretty much the same question. I plan on using a servo tester to run a RC motor controller. Specifically a Castle XL2 ESC. I have a servo tester that I would like to modify to control the servo tester. The problem I have is the servo tester controls the 1.0ms to 2ms signal. The neutral setting on my ESC is at approximately 1.5ms. If I wire a resistor, that is half the rated value to wiper terminal on the pot, will it limit the signal to 1ms to 1.5ms?

This is the modification that I was planning. A, W, and C are the pot terminals with W being the wiper terminal. The pot value is 10k and R3 would be 5k.
2013-06-19230930_zps6fc60a82.jpg

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Back