Sabvoton slide regen

nalu808

1 W
Quick question for separate regen hook up. Is attaching a separate throttle and connecting the 5v ebrake wire(signal) and then +5 and ground all I need for the slide regen to work. Or do I have it wrong and slide regen works only when hooked up to your throttle and u stop acceleration then the regen will kick in. And yes I know you have to turn it on in the app also.

"Slide" regen is normally one of several names for throttle-controlled regen that engages whenever you move the throttle position to less than the present acceleration setting. I don't know which one the sabvoton uses, but there are various versions of it, some that are variable with greater regen the farther you pull the throttle down from the drive setting it was just at, or even the *faster* you do it, some that are a fixed amount as if you were pulling a switch-style ebrake lever, etc.

If the controller has a separate analog input brake control port, then you can use simple variable regen via a separate throttle, or a cable-operated throttle unit pulled by a brake lever, etc., and setup the braking parameters (if any) in the controller software to suit your needs.

Back