Sabvoton SSC072150 no 5v readings "hall fault"

Pota

100 W
Hello,

Ive conneted my battery, throttle, controller and motor together.

When i plugg my multimeter in i dont get any 5v readings from the hall plug. What could this be?

Disconnect everything but hte controller and battery and retest.

If it still fails it's in the controller or wiring to controller.

If it now works it's one of the things hooked up to it causing too large a drain on the 5v, or shorting it out.

Some have a keyswitch or ignition wire that has to go ot the battery; check with your vendor/manufacturer for hookup instructions.

If its in the controller. Should i open it up or send it back to the dealer?

That's entirely up to you, depending on your troubleshooting/repair skills and comfort with it, vs any warranties you might have.

Look around at all the many controller troubleshooting threads to see the difficulty levels involved.

But before you worry about any of that: what are the results of your testing as previously advised?

Hey,

i disconnected everything but the battery and controller. Still nothing happends. no output from the 5v :S
No 5v to the throttle either.

Okay, i now have 5v from all wires.

But i still get "Hall Fault" error.

Is the software for the SSC and SVMC the same?

It is strange. Because when i disconnect the USB, i can give gas and the motor spins both forward and reverse.

Any else good tips? :)

Pota said:

1) what caused the change? (If you don't tell us *everything* you test and change, as well as the results of each of those tests and changes, we can't know what else to tell you without just guessing, which is usually a waste of your time and ours).

2) If you get 5v from *all* wires, then something is still wrong, because the phase wires and ground wires should not have 5v on them. There are probably other wires that shouldn't, either, like the throttle signal input, etc.

You'd have to check with the vendor or manufacturer for a complete list.

Pota said:
It is strange. Because when i disconnect the USB, i can give gas and the motor spins both forward and reverse.
How does it spin two directions at the same time?

Or are you doing something that is causing it to spin one direction and then the other?

Or is it just doing it all by itself?

If you don't give details and exact steps, we can't know what might be causing the problem, because we can't know what the problem actually is.

amberwolf said:
Pota said:

1) what caused the change? (If you don't tell us *everything* you test and change, as well as the results of each of those tests and changes, we can't know what else to tell you without just guessing, which is usually a waste of your time and ours).

2) If you get 5v from *all* wires, then something is still wrong, because the phase wires and ground wires should not have 5v on them. There are probably other wires that shouldn't, either, like the throttle signal input, etc.

You'd have to check with the vendor or manufacturer for a complete list.

Pota said:
How does it spin two directions at the same time?

Or are you doing something that is causing it to spin one direction and then the other?

Or is it just doing it all by itself?

If you don't give details and exact steps, we can't know what might be causing the problem, because we can't know what the problem actually is.

The 5v is working on the right wires now. I just connected the E-Lock to the positive B+ then it started to work.

When i disconnect the USB from the pc, i can turn the throttle and the motor starts to spin.
When i press the reverse button it turns reverse when i turn the throttle. Very good, but it studders both reverse and forward. At some point it also wont spin when i turn the throttle.

When i connect the USB to the pc and controller and enter the Sabvoton program and try to do a Hall test i get the "Hall Fault" error.

But whats strange is that at one time during my test, the "Hall fault" error dissapeared and it actually did a "hall test" but with a failure code 4.
I was then told to switch one of the phase wires. And when i should retry the test i got the same "Hall Fault" error. And now i cant remove the "hall fault" error :S

Then it sounds like there is one of these things wrong:

--phase / hall wiring combination (combo) is wrong. Easy to fix, if you go thru the various combinations; see the ES wiki article or various ES threads on how to fix this. If the controller has a self-learn function, try that first.

--Connectors or wires for the halls have an intermittent (or no) contact somewhere between the halls inside the motor to the controller's PCB. Could be anywhere in there, but the most likely place is at the connectors where they plug into each other, and contacts where they crimp to the wires. Close inspection usually reveals these if they exist, but may require an ohmmeter or multimeter on continuity, with power off to bike.

--halls inside motor could actually be bad, can be tested with a volt meter while controller is connected and powered on, and hand-spinning the motor. See the various threads for controller/motor troubleshooting for the specifics and procedure (or ebikes.ca has troubleshooting documents too).

amberwolf said:
Then it sounds like there is one of these things wrong:

--phase / hall wiring combination (combo) is wrong. Easy to fix, if you go thru the various combinations; see the ES wiki article or various ES threads on how to fix this. If the controller has a self-learn function, try that first.

--Connectors or wires for the halls have an intermittent (or no) contact somewhere between the halls inside the motor to the controller's PCB. Could be anywhere in there, but the most likely place is at the connectors where they plug into each other, and contacts where they crimp to the wires. Close inspection usually reveals these if they exist, but may require an ohmmeter or multimeter on continuity, with power off to bike.

--halls inside motor could actually be bad, can be tested with a volt meter while controller is connected and powered on, and hand-spinning the motor. See the various threads for controller/motor troubleshooting for the specifics and procedure (or ebikes.ca has troubleshooting documents too).

Hey Amber :)

I did check the halls, they where all fine. Varying from 0 to 5v. All three.

I also did all the 36 combinations with phase and hall wires. and still no luck. I find that very strange.

Its also very strange that with the stock phase/hall combination, it actually did a "hall test" and the "hall fault" went away. But it came back when i disconnected the powersupply and tried again :S

What other options do i have?

None that I can think of, other than trying a different controller.

Either the one you have is setup or programmed wrong (in what way, I don't know), or it is defective in some way.

I'd recommend checking with the vendor or manufacturer to see what they say.

amberwolf said:
None that I can think of, other than trying a different controller.

Either the one you have is setup or programmed wrong (in what way, I don't know), or it is defective in some way.

I'd recommend checking with the vendor or manufacturer to see what they say.

Finaly it almost works :)

But after "Hall angle test"
i get
Hall angle test status: 4:test:fail4

Whats that?

I don't know; if it's not in the manual (assuming it has one either from the vendor or the manufacturer) then you'd have to check with the vendor or manufacturer for what the codes mean, and what steps to perform to correct the problem they indicate.

(unless someone else has had the same problem and posted their results on ES, which should be findable with a search on
sabvoton hall
or similar.)

I changed my halls, they do work good. But the hall test still fails.
But i found a problem when i opened the motor. One of the smaller magnets connected to the shaft was cracked in two. Could this be the source of the problem?

Here is a picture

Attachments

• 20170621_101025.jpg
    20170621_101025.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 2,037
Back