Scooter vet 42 volt battery pack not charging through ports

Elyxiar

1 µW
42 volt swagtron scooter.
Can't get a voltage from either the charging port or the power port coming off the battery and won't charge wondering if there's a way to charge it with original charger from the battery cells themselves where I read the full amount of voltage which right now is 38 or 39 volts

Last edited:
probably one or more groups is either overdischarged or so different in votlage than the rest that the BMS is probably shut off to protect the cells from damage that could lead to a fire.

if you are willing to open it up and carefully measure the voltage of each cell group (there will be 10 groups in series) then post those voltages here starting with the ones closest to battery negative, we can tell you what they mean and if the pack would be rechargeable or if you have to replace cells first.

If you're talking about measuring between the 10p 9p 8p and down to 1 then I have 3.8 from each point to point. And I just used the battery so in my opinion that seems to be a reasonable voltage . Well what I'm wondering if I can charge it through the the two batteries which ends the series?

Because I'm not getting any voltage at all from charging port nor the port which connects to the scooter to power it.

so you get 10 results of exactly 3.80v?

if so maybe bms has failed

if you bypass bms and something goes wrong with cells /etc theres no protection or warnign so damage leading to fire is possible

so yes you can do it but i don't recommend it

Back