searching for a lifepo4 battery 48 or 52v that has minimum 30ampcontinous and light(10 to15AH)

sharinginfos

100 W
HI
i search for an already made battery for 48v motor (possibly better motor later)
must be lifepo4 , tight budjet.
it think 30amp continous is a minimum if i want to avoid having to buy other battery later.
i dont do much milage, but there are hills.

so far i only see this one wich is too heavy for my need. BtrPower Eike Battery 48V 20AH LiFePO4 Battery Pack with 3A Charger,40

is it even possible to encouter a lifepop4 opf 10 orp 15 amph that can deliver 30amp + continous discharge or is it not even possible .
of course reliable seller is important to avoid getting scamed

if really noting is available i could assemble if not spotweld involved , ican solder but woul prefer already made
Anyone can suggest?
thanks

Last edited:
well if it only has 10 or 15 amphours , it is relatively light.
no way i go with regular li lion cells.
what would you suggest then?
They have a mixed reputation, but my Unit Pack Power battery is LiFePo4, is rated for 40 amps continuous output (my bike maxes out at 18 so I can't comment on that part), and works like a charm; it's been solid and reliable for over 1600 miles now. You can order one on Amazon. Mine's a 48v 24Ah. Their other sizes may use different chemistries, I'm not sure.

I don't think there are any alternatives to suggest, since other chemistries are generally more expensive, but I have a lot less experience than most around here.

They have a mixed reputation, but my Unit Pack Power battery is LiFePo4, is rated for 40 amps continuous output (my bike maxes out at 18 so I can't comment on that part), and works like a charm; it's been solid and reliable for over 1600 miles now. You can order one on Amazon. Mine's a 48v 24Ah. Their other sizes may use different chemistries, I'm not sure.

I don't think there are any alternatives to suggest, since other chemistries are generally more expensive, but I have a lot less experience than most around here.
is this a ebay shop ?
where to find Unit Pack Power battery? i cant see lifepo4 on their site

is this a ebay shop ?
where to find Unit Pack Power battery? i cant see lifepo4 on their site

I believe that 18650 cells are usually LFP (lithium ferrophosphate, i.e. LiFePo4) and the 21700 cells are lithium-nickel-manganese-cobalt or some such. But I'm not very sure about it. Hell, it may even be the other way around, but I'm positive that I found a description of their "new 48v 24Ah batteries" somewhere hidden on their site, and a description of the difference between the LiFePo4 characteristics and the newer chemistries (manganese, cobalt, etc.).

Last edited:

I believe that 18650 cells are usually LFP (lithium ferrophosphate, i.e. LiFePo4) and the 21700 cells are lithium-nickel-manganese-cobalt or some such. But I'm not very sure about it. Hell, it may even be the other way around, but I'm positive that I found a description of their "new 48v 24Ah batteries" somewhere hidden on their site, and a description of the difference between the LiFePo4 characteristics and the newer chemistries (manganese, cobalt, etc.).
where did you find them

You’re happy to DIY, but don’t want to weld … how about the threaded cells? Larger form factor, but ought to be buildable in a suitable shape.

Oh no not at all. Those numbers only relate to the size of the cell, never the chemistry!

You’re happy to DIY, but don’t want to weld … how about the threaded cells? Larger form factor, but ought to be buildable in a suitable shape.
Hi glennb and everyoene, yes i am open to threaded cells lifepo4 if they can do 30 amps continous and i m confident i will get reliable cells wich is a big question i have difficulty to find. 10amphour battery or less would be my goal since i want a light pack just to go up a couples of hills around

Do yo have some choices to propose?
thanks

Choices, yes, but recommendations, no, since I haven’t actually used them.

Headway 38120 are 10Ah, >30A capable.

Should be easy to find a supplier.

For example, BMSBattery sell them:

i wonder if they are new or used.

I read before that headway have balancing problem wich leds us to have to to more work to balance them
Would you know how to circumvent this by implementing gadjets that can balance well without having to put much work or what is exactly the work that has to be put into them when they go imbalanced?

I know little about them, sorry.

I don’t imagine they’re too problematic when top balanced and operated with a conservative LVC.

Having excess capacity is rarely a bad thing. You could use 15Ah cells.

Plus the 1S and bolting configuration makes it a breeze to identify and swap out weak cells.

I’d just buy a few extra cells from the get go, and swap the spares in for any that prove weak(er).

And consider an active balancer in future if it proves necessary.

That said, I dislike carting additional weight on pedal powered vehicles and stick with more energy dense chemistries.

For my scooter - which is for high short power bursts - I might consider buying headways (if I didn’t already have a large cache of Samsung 40T cells).

I know little about them, sorry.

I don’t imagine they’re too problematic when top balanced and operated with a conservative LVC.

Having excess capacity is rarely a bad thing. You could use 15Ah cells.

Plus the 1S and bolting configuration makes it a breeze to identify and swap out weak cells.

I’d just buy a few extra cells from the get go, and swap the spares in for any that prove weak(er).

And consider an active balancer in future if it proves necessary.

That said, I dislike carting additional weight on pedal powered vehicles and stick with more energy dense chemistries.

For my scooter - which is for high short power bursts - I might consider buying headways (if I didn’t already have a large cache of Samsung 40T cells).
Hi glennb, im not familiar with active balancers, it is better that the bms balancing ? do they work together or it is one or the other?

how do you set that up?

“Better” depends on what you’re trying to achieve with it.

They can work together, it’s not either/or.

The whole battery monitoring charging and balancing system needs to be designed holistically. It’s worth knowing what tools you have at your disposal to design with. Active balancers are one of those tools. I’d look more into it if I was you. There’s plenty of readily available information.

Back