Serial number Questions

Nvreloader

10 mW
Guys & Gals

I have a question for all of you,

Can a Bafang 620/510 motor be identified as to it is a Uart or Canbus protocol,
by using the serial number and the other information that is stamped on the bottom of the motor.

I bought a Bafang bike G510 motor in the last days of Dec 2021,
it has the following info stamped on the motor >
MM G510.1000.C 12 027F3V3220389 and the second stamped info is >
CR R10M.1000.FC 1.0 A48YJV3053488 48V 30A 1000W

I know this motor is Canbus,
so is the "C" in the above information denotes that this is a Canbus motor?

What does a Uart motor (620/510) have stamped on it?
Would you be willing to provide this information to see the difference?

I have found a 620/510 motor (from a wrecked bike) that has a this Ultra motor in it,
waiting for the serial number photo to get here etc.

I HATE this motor and it's workings etc.
I may have found a work around to this Canbus JUNK.

Thanks,
Don

I don't know about the serial vs type question, but if you don't like the Bafang control system, you could replace it with another controller/display system that does things the way you want, using only the motor and it's mounting and internal sensors out of the original setup. You'd probalby have to mount the controller externally to the housing.

I have not researched the type of sensors used in it's PAS; as long as they have typical types of output (pulses for cadence, and some voltage range for torque, if any), then if you don't find a controller that handles them as you want you could use the Cycle Analyst v3 to deal with those and create a throttle signal for whatever controller you want (a "dumb" controller works easiest with this method).

Thanks Amber
From what I understand and learned from several e bike forums, so far,
you can't just change the controller, talking (Bafang) here, and have everything work correctly,
you can't mix Uart and Canbus programing protocols together etc.

I have a couple of photo's showing the Bafang's First 15 to 17 motor/controller numbers stamped,
on the bottom of the engine.

I am attempting to see if certain letters found contained there, indicate which type of motor it is,
so far I have 2 photo's for the Uart motor and 1 photo for the Canbus motor etc.

And I was hoping other members would post photo's showing this information, to see if there was a direct correlation between these types of motor's as to the information contained stamped there etc.

Tia,
Don

amberwolf said:
I don't know about the serial vs type question, but if you don't like the Bafang control system, you could replace it with another controller/display system that does things the way you want...

Same question. Is the goal to get the motor working or to develop custom firmware?

E-HP said:
amberwolf said:
I don't know about the serial vs type question, but if you don't like the Bafang control system, you could replace it with another controller/display system that does things the way you want...
Same question. Is the goal to get the motor working or to develop custom firmware?

E-HP
The reason for my questions is so "I CAN KNOW" the difference between the UART and Canbus motors,
so the answer is neither, the goal, it is to get RID of this motor and obtain a UART motor,
so I can program it to what I want and need to use in my riding style,
which can't be done at this time because this CANBUS motor is locked down.

I can't adjust the wheel diameter size which is wrong, the settings of/on this motor is GARBAGE,
I have lots of overrun in both modes, the walk mode don't work, the motor cause bursts of speed,
when not NEEDED or wanted, when I am riding in steep dangerous back county trails/cow paths etc.

I can see a serious accident occurring because of this motor garbage setup from the OEM supplier.
Tia,
Don

Nvreloader said:
E-HP said:
amberwolf said:

E-HP
The reason for my questions is so "I CAN KNOW" the difference between the UART and Canbus motors,
so the answer is neither, the goal, it is to get RID of this motor and obtain a UART motor,
so I can program it to what I want and need to use in my riding style,
which can't be done at this time because this CANBUS motor is locked down.

I can't adjust the wheel diameter size which is wrong, the settings of/on this motor is GARBAGE,
I have lots of overrun in both modes, the walk mode don't work, the motor cause bursts of speed,
when not NEEDED or wanted, when I am riding in steep dangerous back county trails/cow paths etc.

I can see a serious accident occurring because of this motor garbage setup from the OEM supplier.
Tia,
Don

Ahh. Sounds like a serious issue. Hopefully you can share your progress on this. :thumb:

Back