Sevcon HVLP-20 max commutation speed

HamAndChris

1 µW
I am trying spec out a 10 kW, 600V system using a Sevcon HVLP-20 to drive a semi-custom motor. However, the motor manufacturer has warned me that the HVLP might not be capable of driving their motor at 5500 rpm because it has 15 pole pairs, so the commutation would occur at 82500 rpm or 1375 Hz.

I really want to use the HVLP due to availability and packaging constraints, but I cannot find any information on its maximum commutation speed. I've pored over every datasheet, user manual, and application guide I can find from Sevcon and found nothing. Has anyone worked with this controller and could tell me its maximum speed? Maybe the configuration software has clues?

Thank you!

Are you intimate with custom programming Sevcon controllers?

If not, do you have access to someone with those skills at a reasonable rate, under say $600/hr?

Very smart members here have dedicated months of their lives banging their heads against that wall

ended up giving up and looking to other brands.

BorgWarner seems to very actively discourage individual DIYers

My team and I have a lot of experience working with other motors and controllers, just not the HVLP specifically. I'm sure we can get it to work, as long as it is actually possible.

Back