Should I build or buy a bomber?

Rodney64 said:
Cowardlyduck said:
Speedracer said:
I made my decision to buy a demo stealth bomber
Just be careful buying a demo one if you want warranty and it's past the warranty period or close.

Another forum member was badly burned by Stealth recently when buying an ex demo unit over in Perth.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&p=840135#p840152

In fact, I would ask for the bike build number, just in case it's the same bike, Bomber #097.

Cheers

Don't do it. I agree with CD, and I rode that bomber 097. Its proberly a good bike now after Peter spent a lot of money on it. Unless you are getting it cheap don't buy it.could have an old flogged out battery it it for all you know. $2800 new. Buy a new bomber

Hasn't it had a new battery and controller installed? I would have thought that would make it a good buy for someone. However, I don't know the full story so I may be wrong.

Kepler said:
Hasn't it had a new battery and controller installed? I would have thought that would make it a good buy for someone. However, I don't know the full story so I may be wrong.
Yes, it has a new battery and controller - the guy that got it, got it for an absolute bargain!

Kepler said:
Rodney64" Don't do it. I agree with CD said:

Yes that's what I said Kepler, its a good bike now, new battery and controller installed, but for anyone buying a used bomber that's out of warranty with the old battery then its a risk.

Speedracer said:
Think heaps for the info guys..
I made my decision to buy a demo stealth bomber, then in 6 to 12 months if I still love it as much as I do now then I'll build a raptor with the faster motor and everything...

I'm glad it doesn't have the limiter on it, couldn't imagine 250w being any fun at all..

I have a dirt bike and any time I want to take it out I have to unpack the fold out trailer and hook it all up for the next morning and drive like an hour before getting anywhere, this suffices as a dirt bike and I'm surrounded by park and golf courses so now I just take it out and go a blast...

Next up I want to design and build the front n rear lights from the Audi e bike to fit the stealth..

Did you buy bomber 097 if so then you got a very good bike. If not then you may well end up like Peter.

Controllers and batteries are cheap if you know how to install them. If I found a killer deal on a used bomber with a dead battery and controller I would pick it up. Of course the only reason swapping out controllers and batteries is easy is due to the knowledge gained by building Ebikes so it's kind of a catch 22.

The controller stealth uses is just a Xie Chang 18fet from the pics I have seen of the insides. Costs under $300 new.

Sweet guys.. I bought the demo with 12 months warranty..

the battery i was told that if i need it (after warranty) it will cost $2000... But I think if the battery goes, I would follow kepler's footsteps in here http://www.electricbike.com/stealth-hot-rod/

Speedracer said:
Sweet guys.. I bought the demo with 12 months warranty..

the battery i was told that if i need it (after warranty) it will cost $2000... But I think if the battery goes, I would follow kepler's footsteps in here http://www.electricbike.com/stealth-hot-rod/
That's good having a 12 month warranty

Hey Guys.. Yeah I agree with the 2 y.o. bike warranty thing.. Hence why I got the supplier to offer a 6 month warranty with the bike. I will put it threw its paces and if it lasts 6 months ill be happy.. then ill replace them with lipo's hehe :)

Overall I have done over 800km's on it and its awesome, I was talking to a guy this morning on an evolution who said its limited speed of 27km/h was good but he needs a firmware crack to get it unlimited to about 40kmh.. I thought all ebikes used the cycle analyst which would just need a cut on the red wire to perform unlimited?

Anyway very happy with the bike and now looking at building a 1 to 2kv for my mrs..

Where are you based Speedracer?

snellemin said:
Post pics man.
C8B6A94C-A61A-43D9-99E0-06CF2895D337.jpg

Sorry it's a bit lame, no action shots yet.. They will come..
But I did find out that with a little pedal assist and tiny down hill gradient the top speed is more than 80km/h :D
B4534283-D49B-4C81-A89B-EAE6C77C23BA.jpg

snellemin said:
How does the bike feel at those speeds?

Really good, it only took about 5 to 10mins to dial in the suspension before doing this speed and it felt smooth like I was on a motorbike.. It does feel a bit light but nothing that a motorbike rider couldn't handle

Back