SLCD-3 display settings, P and C parameters

So I've been using a KT-LCD3 myself, but have found much here to useful and informative. While I'm mostly happy with my settings currently, AND with what I've learned in trial & error with notes, I still have a few minor issues.

One is that "battery meter",... and it's not something I rely on in any way, so it's somewhat minor to me! Wasn't exactly easy to set up what I got in the first place! And I'm not terribly certain of all my exact settings right now, but I'm generally satisfied,... sorta. I generally use a "battery chart" of relational voltages to capacity remaining and find it far more reliable than the "battery meter", even if a bit inconvenient.

1500w hub motor on 29" wheel
52V 11.5Ah battery on 48V 40A controller

Now, strange as it may sound to some,.... I use the "cruise" option a lot. But it won't set below 25kph/15.5mph min., and I would much prefer a setting of say 15-20kph/10-12mph. Any way to maybe alter this min.???

You see, at max I've hit 40mph,.... much more than I need or should be cruisin' about without "trouble". So I have a max speed setting of 30mph set, and I generally watch that I never exceed 20mph, unless I'm outa town on clear open roads and then 30mph is my comfortable max. I think I currently have a max current setting, but occasionally I'll have that at half setting,... 20amps. Minimum pas (1) setting still gives me about 22kph/14mph or so, and a cadence that I can jus BARELY overrun. But this lets me have the torque, power, and speed I occasionally need "right at hand" (via throttle) to avoid "situations", but I'd like to mostly pedal at "bicycle" speeds usefully, and without pausing and coasting to maintain that 15-20kph/10-12mph for "proper city use" (lol!!!) and to extend "mileage".

Any way to lower "cruise" settings????

If you just press the button twice it will display the voltage.
Anyone know if the time of day can be set/shown with it?

Hi there,

Does all controllers support regen function?
I have this SLCD-3 that support regen but i am not sure regarding the controller.
If regen is possible does harm anyhow the batteries??

Thanks, a lot of useful info here!

Hi, my motor has these writings on it
SY73626OL0517S1
And the p1 setting is 87. Anyone knows if it is the correct one? That's how I bought it.

Hi guys

In the thread below I explain the use of parameter P1 on Q100/S-LCD3 display.
I expect it to be the same on q128 and other motors/LCDs

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97237

Sincerely yours

DuncanDK

Hello

I have an issue with the P1-Parameter and saw this thread - didnt want to re-open a new one as I find this one rather helpful.
The outlines of my project are as following
Defective Hercules/Sparta ION 24V NIMH 28" - Controller and Battery completely broken.
Working Toprun TPH-B(A1)24R
-> S06P Torque Simulation controller for sensorless hubmotors and SLCD3U from bms have been acquired
-> Motor has been opened to remove the broken power board inside and to connect the powerleads to the 3-prong cable (UVW basically)
-> Everything seems to work sofar, had to switch Phase 1 and 3 because bike wanted to go backwards... not an issue however.

But now i have the issue with the speed display. I cant seem to get the speed to be correct - its always showing much too slow. While i manage to pull 28kph on the GPS, the display only counts a very slow 19kph.
The Parameter P1 seems to be locked to a certain minimum - from what I understood is that it shall be set to the numbers of magnets times the reduction ratio. Since the Toprun motor is a DD it has a 1:1 ratio - however it has 16 magnets in it. The SLCD3/S06P does not allow me to set it below 20.
Is there any remedy apart from using a reed based speed sensor?
Are those opensource firmwares a big help on that regard, are they even recommended to work around the parameter issues?

Hi guys
I have the LCD-3 with a 1500W Sine Wave controller mated to a Voilamart motor from a 1500W kit.
I have made a few discoveries but still have more to learn, especially about the C parameters.
As others have found my speed and distance were wrong as was the battery level.

After spending hours looking for an answer to "How many magnets are in my motor?" I figured it out for myself and here is how I did it.

1. Disconnect the battery.
2. Short out two of the motor phase wires. (It doesn't matter if the controller is still connected)
3. Turn the motor/wheel by hand, you should be able to feel the cogging of the magnets.
4. Count the number of coggings (I'm sure that's poor English but heyho) in one full rotation and that is the number of magnets.
Obviously if you have a geared motor you'll have to account for the gearing ratio.

So now I can set the number of magnets for P1 as 46 (apparently this is a common number for DD Hub motors)
I don't have a way of figuring out the correct number for P2 but when set to 0 the speedo and distance now work correctly so I didn't try anything else.

I haven't figured out P3 yet but have tried both 0 and 1 and didn't notice any difference.

P4 is 0 to keep the throttle working at all times.

P5 changes the battery voltage level displayed, I have a 14S pack and currently have it set to 29 which seems to be pretty close.
I imagine a 13S pack would need it set around 20 but haven't tested that.

Hopefully this helps

Just a quick question for everyone in settings C08 it's set to 0 or 1 well I have tried both settings and I'm still getting indications of something the number moves from 250 up to 360 I have set it to 0 and 1 and both no difference what's going on or should I just reset to the factory-default to if it goes away I was under the impression if its set to 0 then no read out would appear not sure about the P5 setting I have mine set to 12 for a 36v 21ah battery but is that correct.

Back