Smart bicycle vibrates to warn of danger

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
The Dutch strike again!
http://www.euronews.com/2015/03/12/smart-bicycle-vibrates-to-warn-of-danger/

Includes:
"The brainchild of a group of scientists from the Netherlands, it is equipped with a radar mounted just below the handlebars that checks the road ahead for unexpected movements and objects, as well as a camera above the rear wheel that keeps check on what’s going on behind the rider.

The cyclist is warned of any potential danger either via a vibrating saddle if the threat comes from behind, and through vibrations in the handlebars if it’s in front."

mfj197 said:
Personally speaking I'd rather ride the Vanhawks Valour.
Michael

From their site:
"How does the blind spot system work?
The Valour tracks objects in a “safe-zone” with ultrasonic sensors. The dimensions of the safe-zone are 10 feet behind the bike and 4 feet wide."

So, still a mini Stinko-Mobile as pedal-only, but:
"Where is the bike designed and engineered?
The bike is proudly designed and engineered in Toronto."

So technically still a "YAY!"
L

When they can also detect "smart phone distracted" or DUI car drivers i would buy one.

The fingers said:
A side warning system completing the coverage of the entire space around the rider would make the device more useful. :wink:

Email response from Maurice Kwakkernaat (Today at 12:40 PM):

Hi Lock,
Thanks for the comment, we are working on it ;).
Regards,
Maurice

(Snort snort. Hehe)

So basically they've learned to crossbreed a nervous little tremble dog with a bike.

1-bike-seat-sillin-dogs-mouth-perros-dentadura-clem-chen.jpg

Give it to my friend, and she'd always put her self in danger.

I once took her around the block on my 2 seat moped. the engine was unbalanced and caused the whole bike to vibrate, especially the seat. After we got back she shoved me away, grabbed her wife, and took off. We didn't see them again for an hour.

Hehe... See also "horseback riders". :D

Back