• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

So. I cannot figure out my HXT 6mm bullet connectors

inkeeper77

100 mW
So, I purchased 6mm bullet connectors from hobby king, these things: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20353__HXT_6mm_Gold_Connector_w_Protector_10pcs_set_.html

Anyway, soldering is easy! What I cannot figure out is how to use the plastic connection protector... I feel stupid, but I just cannot figure it out. I apply a LOT of force, and the bullet will just not snap into place. I have tried every possible direction and orientation, and I have tried mashing them in place. It is taking way too much force, and I dont want to damage the connector...

Any tips? Thanks!

You have to put the plastic housing on the wire BEFORE
You solder the bullet on. Some of the housings are right I have used a small round file to relieve them and a flat file to remove excess solder from the outside
Of the bullet.

KiM

Excess solder is always the problem, if you aren't putting these in the correct way.
See the tutorial in my sig.

I think with these though, it looks like you actually push them into the housing from the back, using a screwdriver ( or whatever else ) to force them through the housing.

These look similar to the EC3 connectors i started out with, so that's why i'm thinking they are soldered the same way..

AussieJester said:
You have to put the plastic housing on the wire BEFORE
You solder the bullet on. Some of the housings are right I have used a small round file to relieve them and a flat file to remove excess solder from the outside
Of the bullet.

KiM

Well, these are just the first test connectors- there is nothing on the other side of the wire! So I am ok. I will try a file if I need to.

neptronix said:
Excess solder is always the problem, if you aren't putting these in the correct way.
See the tutorial in my sig.

I think with these though, it looks like you actually push them into the housing from the back, using a screwdriver ( or whatever else ) to force them through the housing.

These look similar to the EC3 connectors i started out with, so that's why i'm thinking they are soldered the same way..

Thanks!

I've had to drill out some 4 mm bullet housings. They simply weren't going to work as they came. No exess solder, and I prefer to thread them on the wire, then slide onto the contact.

Hi, i'm new to ebike care and feeding but found that the connector covers are best installed fresh from a pot of boiling hot water.

Don't burn yourself.

That was the first trick I tried. But in my case, it just took a drill and that was all there was to it. They were that undersized.

Two identical bags of connectors from EP Buddy. One bag had covers that fit fine. The other, no way.

Back