speed calculation help.

s7e

10 mW
Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, if not i apologise!

Can someone help me figure out the potential speed of a new build? I have looked through a number of threads but I am struggling to understand how to calculate the numbers with the information I have to hand so I am hoping a more seasoned member can help!

I currently have a spare 1000w front hub (9c clone I believe) that I am planning to fit on a Yedoo Mezeq kick scooter. My plan is to radial lace it to the front rim which is 20".

I currently have one of these hubs laced to a 26" wheel on my Electra custom running @ approx 53 volts (odd voltage I know but 14s was the closest I could get to the 60v caps in my 48v controller) giving me a top speed of 35mph.

Now my question is, what speed should I expect to see from the same hub motor running the same voltage in a 20" rim given the numbers above? or is it not possible to calculate without knowing the rpm's of the hub?

Depending on how much slower it will be I will buy a new controller and increase voltage but I would like to know roughly what to expect if I run the same voltage in the smaller rim first.

From my rough calculations (% of size reduction of rim applied to speed) I figured around 21 mph, am I even close?

Thanks
S7e

Link to Scooter
https://www.yedoo.eu/en/product/mezeq-0fVmNu

Back