Stand-up scooter front suspension

paulyz

10 µW
Hello everyone,

I got electric scooter and can understand, how front suspension should work. When I assembled my scooter (front for was assembled in factory) looks like didn't worked. First I tried to play with spring, but no success. So when I decide to loosen bolts, now everything looks good (work), but looks like I has small looseness in front. If I tighten bolts - fork stop work. And I can't see any difference, when I compress or release spring. Can somebody explain, how correct adjust front suspension.

Mine scooter one of theses:

1200w-front.jpg

evo-1000-watt-electric-scooter.jpg

I got the same absolute terrible design, How that got signed off I never know and there's no easy fix that I can see because like you say it needs to be tight to not feel floppy but that then stops any movement, I'd rather it be just a solid front end fork like a bmx over what's there.

It's a plain bad design. The shock is useless

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I found in youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IHdCnoPiok

from 5:15, looks like works. I checked again my front fork, I think the problem, what Chinese made to short inserts and when you tight bolt you compress moving parts. So two ways, make new longer inserts or release a little bit bolts. All nuts are with nylon insert, so I don't think what you lose them.

Back