Suggestions? Blew the fuse on BBSHD controller now what?

This feels like trolling
No you haven't. All of the fuses in your car are clearly stamped 12V.

Why are you lying? I don't get it.

Feel free to post evidence to the contrary.
Now it just feels like you are trolling. You yourself found a 250V fuse being used in an ebike controller...

fuses.png

It's bigger because it must be able to quickly quench a 1000V arc, which a low voltage fuse doesn't have to do. But if you hit it with 12V in excess of its fuse value, it will fuse open just like the 32V fuses you say are 12V fuses.

Why would I lie about that? Check for yourself-- go to any auto parts store and buy a pack of glass tube fuses and check their voltage rating. I've never bought one that wasn't rated at least 125V.
I have fuses in my hand, they say 12V 10, 15 and 20A. (I've been driving Japanese cars for 30 years)

I don't think what you're saying is totally untrue, For some reason I can see 125V in my head. But I have a fuse in my hand and it says 12V 15A. How much are you willing to bet if someone pulled a glass fuse from their car right now it would be stamped 12V not 125V? (my eyes are bad maybe they do say 125V and I just can't see it. That would be embarrassing.)

But seriously, I have people saying power isn't dependent on voltage which is so messed up I'm not inclined to take anything on face value. You know voltage is part of the equation right?

Calm down and quit calling members names.
You made this up
I'm literally looking at my collection of glass fuses I bought when I had my 300ZX and they are all stamped 12V,

Seriously STFU unless you want to be helpful. Don't make empty claims, feel free to provide evidence. Do you want me to post pics?

lol, anyways the fuse I spliced in works. I ordered a few 6x30mm options to replace it.

I'm literally looking at my collection of glass fuses I bought when I had my 300ZX and they are all stamped 12V,

Seriously STFU unless you want to be helpful. Don't make empty claims, feel free to provide evidence. Do you want me to post pics?
So you sold your car to Chalo, or do you mean you share cars with him.
Getting a little creepy. I can’t provide evidence, I dont have access to the car, and don’t want to become part of a ménage a trios.

How do you get 80V out of a lead acid battery? Asking for a friend who isn't an r tard.
Your friend, who isn't an r tard, probably already knows how to connect batteries in series to get a higher voltage or to use a dc to dc step up converter. Just ask them how, don't be shy.

Your friend, who isn't an r tard, probably already knows how to connect batteries in series to get a higher voltage or to use a dc to dc step up converter. Just ask them how, don't be shy.

No but he knows the singular "battery" and the plural "batteries" are two different words.

There are no 80V "step up" converters in a car, The closest you come is the ignition system and they operate in kV not volts. I have no idea how you think this relates to fuses? On the car side of the induction coil it's fused at 12V, the kind of fuses stamped 12V like I said there are no other high voltage fuses in a car. This is totally different from a 48V or 52V system running a continuous 50-60A which is my point.

So you sold your car to Chalo, or do you mean you share cars with him.
Getting a little creepy. I can’t provide evidence, I dont have access to the car, and don’t want to become part of a ménage a trios.
No need to be gross. I went through my spare fuses and they ranged from 32V to 250V.

The lower the current the higher the voltage. It's simple Ohm's law. Maybe I should have been clearer but I'm just looking for information on how to size fuses. I have a 52V system running 60A and I was looking to replace the fuse I blew with something not necessarily identical.

Back