Suggestions on upcoming e-bike

Mr. EBike

1 µW
So I was looking into getting either the happy run g60 or the ridstar q20 48v 20 ah.. Now I’ve been looking endlessly on how I can mod either or to get Atleast 35+ mph out of them whether I buy a 60v 30ah battery not sure but, I need some recommendations I’m new to this scene and I don’t know where to start, what to buy in addition to whats given stock. I would build my own bike but I don’t have any equipment and working with some what of a budget

If you want to go fast, use a bike that wants to go fast. Those obese dwarf bikes are wearing snowshoes, and they'll fight you bitterly for every extra mph you want. Getting 35mph out of a full suspension MTB of pretty much any age will result in easier achievement of your goal, better range, lower outlay on batteries and controller, and a more comfortable and efficient ride.

Coaxing more speed out of those inbred bulldog bikes will not be less of a project than a DIY conversion

On the mentioned bikes, you'd have to throw away the entire electric drivetrain to get up to that speed, so that's not a good cost cutting move. You're basically buying a frame, and not a good one at that.

A motor rated for 25mph ( 500-750w ) is not going to be able to dish out 35mph power ( ~1500W ), the wimpy motors in these, even if overvolted, won't make you the extra 1000w you need without melting.

Also if you are going well above legal speeds, i'd also advise you to not ride something that looks like a non-registered motorcycle! get a bike that looks like a bike!

Yeah, consider starting with a full suspension MTB and adding a kit. You can buy the bike used to save $ to pay for these high performance electrics you're looking for.

Back