• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Tabless design cylindrical cells tests

The EVE 4680 sample cell thing has been postponed indefinitely, but recently my colleague tuned up Micro-TIG and somehow the Cu busbar on aluminium is holding up. Cu with Al is not the best combination, but it will do for tests. The nominal capacity of the EVE 4680 sample is only 22Ah out of 26Ah declared, which cannot be seen as anything other than disappointing. Let's see how they cycle. A competitor in the EVE 4695 format has already completed 1000 cycle and hope I will update the table and graph soon

The EVE 4680 sample cell thing has been postponed indefinitely, but recently my colleague tuned up Micro-TIG and somehow the Cu busbar on aluminium is holding up. Cu with Al is not the best combination, but it will do for tests. The nominal capacity of the EVE 4680 sample is only 22Ah out of 26Ah declared, which cannot be seen as anything other than disappointing. Let's see how they cycle. A competitor in the EVE 4695 format has already completed 1000 cycle and hope I will update the table and graph soon
Thank you for the update.

Very small update in the first post (updated graph with cycle life). EVE 4680 has started a life cycle. I hope to add pictures of the disassembled EVE40PL soon.

EVE in the available materials (I don't have specsheet) states charging voltage 4.20V for 4680 whereas for 4695 it is 4.25V, it is quite possible that the problem with nominal capacity lies here.

Added cycle life data for 4680, unfortunately I lost a batch of the first 50 cycles.

Back