The 3500mAh heavyweight division: Sanyo NCR18650GA vs Panasonic NCR18650GA vs LG MJ1 vs Samsung INR18650-35E

Beautiful test! Good job!

Have you considered retesting? I am wondering if you tried different cells if the brands would perform equally to the result of this test. Hopefully the cells are consistent though, just wondering. Also, if you still have these exact cells, I wonder how they have changed with age.

Hell I want the biggest baddest cell and use it at 1/3 or 1/2 of is discharge rate thinking of a Samsung 25r 6p for 80 amps 80v 20s. I think 4 cycle rate this is where we need to go.

jimbo69ny said:
Thanks!

jimbo69ny said:
Have you considered retesting? I am wondering if you tried different cells if the brands would perform equally to the result of this test. Hopefully the cells are consistent though, just wondering. Also, if you still have these exact cells, I wonder how they have changed with age.
I still have those exact cells not used after testing and being kept in a case at 3.6V. So it's interesting to see how they have changed after some time. I think they won't show any visible difference (>50mAh) because of absence of usage and excellent storage conditions. I'm not going to do that in a month or two, but maybe i'll retest them later.

thunderheart said:
jimbo69ny said:
Thanks!

jimbo69ny said:
I still have those exact cells not used after testing and being kept in a case at 3.6V. So it's interesting to see how they have changed after some time. I think they won't show any visible difference (>50mAh) because of absence of usage and excellent storage conditions. I'm not going to do that in a month or two, but maybe i'll retest them later.

Fantastic test and post!

That'd be really interesting to see how they behave after a usage and resting period.

Good job!

Great Job!
Thank You for sharing this data!

Can you please post the data in Excel (or other spreadsheet) format ?

Especially the cell dicharge curves at different currents might be very usefull in order to have an estimation of the cell static resistance at different currents.

Once again, great job!

Regards,

Back