Samsung 50E vs LG M48 vs "Tesla" (help me choose new battery pack)

adding holes in the back half... never thought of that! still these mounting screws are not that strong so now i rather buy some kind of expensive adapter called grin double bob because these heavy batterys make me nervous on the bottle mount
This is the the two hole plate on a Hailong 2 cradle. The careful DIY mike builder will add a 3rd, naybe a 4th hole in the back half.

The cells alone can weigh 6 pounds, more than can be safely held by two screws meant for water bottles.

adding holes in the back half... never thought of that! still these mounting screws are not that strong so now i rather buy some kind of expensive adapter called grin double bob because these heavy batterys make me nervous on the bottle mount
I usually add extra rivet nut or two to the frame or drill mount if necessary. I always mount it with 3 screws and never had a problem after years of abuse.

Anyway, I've bought UPP 48V 20Ah pack with 50E cells and I paid extra for balancing function. Took a while to get it but it's here. Didn't had a chance to test it as I'm still working on the bike but everything is shipped neatly, with all documentation and battery works. All cells seem to have identical voltage of 3.71v (received with 52% SOC. Charger received is 3A in metal housing and so it's heavier than my plastic 2A one.

One thing I was afraid of was not being able to turn off bluetooth of a BMS and that seems to be the case. There doesn't seem to be any option to turn it off so bluetooth is running 24 / 7. Kill switch on the battery doesn't affect it. App (XiaoXiangElectric) that's used to connect to BMS requires you to allow access to location service or you can't use it at all which is pretty alarming to me.

Back