the bike

Hi Mate

I know! I do have a full suss bike, I was out on it today, did 20 miles some really nice single track as well, would have been mental with an RC bolt on, will post pictures of a frame and forks i have in my garage for my next build, will most likely be an RC build, in the meantime a pic of my full susser, a very old but super nice and very light Proflex 955.

Knoxie

Attachments

• IMG_1224.JPG
    IMG_1224.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,896
recumpence said:
Hey Man!

Glad to see the bike up and running.

I have a customer who ordered two identical drives to what you have there. I am building them as we speak. I am sure he will chime in soon enough.

You have somewhere in the range of 20 hp on tap there. :)

Matt

hehehehe :twisted: maybe i should mount both drives on the one bike Matt?? dual chains for the win. I showed my friend (purchaser of the other drive) this video and he is blown away, so am I to be honest, I was leaning on the idea that your old PK was so light in the front due to its small wheelbase and high COG but this proves me wrong albiet with more power. Oh so keen to start this project :lol: :lol: :lol:

jet8743
Could you please take a picture of your rear hub, I am interested to see how you mounted both Motor sproket and brake disc to the one side. Well done you beat me to it....I am planning on a similar setup, and a "no pedals" light weight motorbike frame in the future once I have ironed out all the problems.

Cheers
Rodger

Yes, jet, I am also very interested in the details of the Left-Side-Drive sprocket and disc brake combination on your rear wheel. Excellent work, and thank you for posting the pics here!

boostjuice said:
SICK BIKE!!!! NICELY INTEGRATED WELL FINISHED DRIVE AND BATTERY BOX!!!!!

one thing though.....whats with all the videos floating around of people riding Matt S drive based bikes with NO HELMETS!!! :x

You know, I have to agree with boostjuice here, what is the deal with youtube vids of high power machines and NO HELMET??? Please, just take five minutes to gear up with basic equipment, if not for yourself, for the sake of the community. Someday, you will see one of these videos on Fail.blog, then we will all look like dangerous menaces and laws will be written and passed. :cry:

Hi

I agree about the helmet thing and we also must put in place something to switch out or limit the power for riding on the road, 20-30hp is an amazing amount of power and great fun but what you have here and on many of these builds (mine included) is an electric motorcycle pure and simple. On all my bikes I have limit pots or switches to limit the power so I can quickly turn the available power right down to a safe and legal level.

This bike is amazing no doubt but with acceleration and power like that you are going to get quickly noticed esp as you are going to struggle to keep that front wheel on the ground! he he. I always wear a helmet, Dermet Dobson works repairing machines in trauma units and told me a story of 2 cyclists in Oxford that had a head to head crash, the one with the helmet got up dusted himself off and was fine the other rider was on the floor, head pushed in like a dent in an Easter egg, they had to have reconstructive surgery on their skull.

Here in the UK we already have stupid legislation limiting the power of e-bikes anyway so in a sense they have already clamped down on us however most cops don't even look at you as long as you are peddling. The problem will come if you hit someone and hurt them but then I suppose that applies whether you have a motor fitted or not? its just you are more likely to hurt someone when you clout them with a 100lb mountain bike travelling at 30mph.

Anyway more video please!! :)

Knoxie

yes thats right the next vid i will posted i take a Helm :wink:
here a little picture on rear sprocked i will take other photos next days

bike10.jpg

@John in CR
yes on this vid the power was only -+25% i can not accelerate more because the throotle was so sensible it flip me ower i have programed the hv160 at 200amp and it was possible 400amp :roll:

Salut Jet !

Dis-moi, ton pignon arrière, c'est une pièce que tu achète toute faite ou c'est également une création de Matt (c'est le même qu'il monte sur son KMX il me semble) ?

Merci !

Hi Jet !

Can you tell me if your rear sprocket is a buyed standard spare part or is another Matt special build (it seam to be the same on his KMX) ?

Thanks !

I am glad to see someone finally install a disc and sprocket on the same side. I had one setup for testing, but never rode it. I knew there was a caliper narrow enough for that. :)

Matt

Hey Matt,

can your machine shop do stainless.....might be a market for disc sprocket combo with adaptor mount for caliper.

0611_stcp_01_z+motorcycle_parts+sprocket.jpg

I think by far the best issue resolved in this bike is still the old chain length with suspension problem. I am really interested to see how that sprung chain tensioner handles a bit of offroad torture. I know that everyone has thought of it but there are few that have applied it.

jet8743
are you serious only 25% power?........ that is incredible, i cant wait. I watched your other videos posted on your youtube account. The little moped/scooter thing looks interesting, you should post that up too, looks like a turnigy outrunner with some form of right angle drive.

Rodger

Did you sort the problem with the belts slipping?

Wonder what was causing that? Matt any idea? maybe harmonic vibration on the belt?

Love the way you sneaked the disc and the sprocket on to the same side, I wonder what the maximum torque that the flange on the disc mount will take as it is taking all the drive and the braking torque on the same side but not at the same time of course :lol:

I think we are all desperate to see some more video of it in action if you can 20 seconds isnt enough for us junkies eh deec!! thanks for posting up such an amazing machine.

Knoxie

Hi Matt

Oh ok cool, did he get the problem fixed? your drives seem to be popular is it becoming a full time job now? I remember seeing those pictures of your machine shop in your first post so pleased you are now turning out such great stuff with your setup, I seem to remember you started making parts for model helicopters?

There is a lot of business in the custom engineering business esp here in the UK, 2 of my friends started a business making custom parts for air weapons just using home made milling machines and lathes, they now have their own business unit and are flourishing.

Keep pumping them out, who knows I may even order one from you, got to try Deecs bike out first :) when he finally finishes it :p

Cheers

Knoxie

There seems to be a lot of interest on how he got the sprocket and disk on the same side of the wheel. Just found this Youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InNOcW2M_iE

Jet,

Please come back helmet or not, this bike is sick. Video!!!!!

Makethenoise,
I saw that guy with the top hats before, they were just plain expensive IMO. Matt makes to same stuff but better prolly.

Interesting stable you have, I also own a Triumph and my girlfriend is taking me hangliding for my birthday. Any suggestions? :p

Hi

Yes I am really keen to see more from this bike, its got an amazing turn of speed, quite scary and I love the fact that it can turned back in to a normal bike really quickly. That little clip he posted was awesome and we all want to see more, I am keen to see the RC builds get more reliable and useable so I can approach the missus with a decent excuse to make one! ha ha.

So if you are watching how's it going? and is it going? and if it is can we see some more of it?

Cheers

Knoxie

hi jet8743,
Can you post picture of disc brake/sprocket from the rear? I'm currently getting ready to receive Matt's drive unit and plan to run my FS titanium bike with the same setup with the disc brake/sproket on the left. is that Matt's sprocket adapter? What sproket size did you use? what rotor size? brakes looks like Formula The One, looks custom brake caliper holder? Looks like your brake caliper has clearance from the sproket and chain. My currently brakes are Magura Marta SL carbon and the caliper are pretty wide. I would like to user it on my current disc wheelset. otherwise, I would have to buy new wheelset to use v-brakes

thanks,
v

Any more vids of the bike in action? I am VERY interested in the drive you have there! PLEASE post more vids!

A few quick comments;

Yes, that is my twin motor drive.
Yes, that is my rear sprocket adaptor.

I hope Jet chimes in again. He is a good guy and a good fabricator. I am interested in how the bike is doing with some miles on it.

Matt

I am surprised there are not more vids of these type of bikes, I really have only seen like two videos! They are amazing machines! This is a very NICE bike you have built, and I am sure it will do UPHILL mountain biking better than some do DOWNHILL!!

I know he did have a few problems with it chucking the belt off but I am sure that he has sorted that?

Ypedal is the only person posting real videos of them in action with the exception of Matt who is of course making most of them 8)

This machine has proper wheel popping acceleration, maybe Deec will fill the video void?

Knoxie

knoxie said:
I know he did have a few problems with it chucking the belt off but I am sure that he has sorted that?

Ypedal is the only person posting real videos of them in action with the exception of Matt who is of course making most of them 8)

This machine has proper wheel popping acceleration, maybe Deec will fill the video void?

Knoxie
The belt popping issue was caused by one controller running against the other. That is sorted out now.

It is funny, I have sold somewhere close to 20 of these crazy 20hp drives and precious few videos of them. I know one on a KMX typhoon is shown on youtube smoking the tire till it blows. :mrgreen:

Matt

Ha ha

Yes Matt folks seem shy dont they? I know if I had one you would all know about it!! they are amazing bits of kit I am becoming more and more tempted to add one to the stable :twisted: esp as I have a nice fat set of lipo batteries to run all these bike off now.

So cmon guys with RC rigs show us what ya got!! because at the moment all the really impressive videos out there are mainly hubbies :mrgreen:

I did see that one, RIDICULOUSLY COOL! LOL!

Back