The don of Razor e300's dual 6374 + vesc 6.6

No problem the World's a bit busy at the moment, the more watts the faster you deplete the battery correct but any less than 800w and it becomes gutless.

I've found some 36v 9ah makita knock off batteries which would get me to 18ah but not sure about the quality of those.

Or there is option b, new 36v motor overvolted with 48/52v just for funsies

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Knock offs and batterys don't go well I've never had a decent experience with cheap cells, option b sounds good I fitted a my1020 36v and run it on 12s with a 3000w brushed controller and it had some serious get up and go kept stretching and snapping the t8f chain that comes with it.

I will avoid the knock offs then, dont want to throw money away.
How about if I get a 36v motor with a 48v 1000w controller and add another 18v makita battery totalling 54v 15ah.
How would that perform in comparison to my current.. 36v 10ah battery, 36v 800w controller and stock e300 24v motor? Speed and distance wise.

I can't say How it will perform but it will be faster for sure, more is always better till something breaks but a 36v motor is fine at 48v even when loaded hard it will get warm over time but should be fine.

No problem yeah get a pic up of what you build best of luck keep it simple to start and just enjoy it don't get to hyped in modding or it be off road more than on that's were I ended up massive parts bin and one bike that I bought been a good buy.
I got a kuberg second hand a while back less than half price in good condition I suppose it be the surron now be the bike to get in the cheap.

I definitely will do, might do a thread, gonna retrofit a disc brake on the rear, maybe swap out the new motor sprocket for more teeth. I want to nail down a final plan so I can get the bits and get it done. Once it's up to 25/28ish mph I'll be happy with that but still need to work out power, distance etc.
Still plenty of room in there.

I dont know anything about bikes but anything half price is good in my book!
83a2918546c80010d28e6131e1cb438f.jpg

If you want a reliable 30mph at 48v I would suggest on saving up and getting a 48v 1600w brushless motor with bracket and controller combo get a t8f rear sprocket and chain you will see what you need and more no problem.
There's also the dualtron hub motor that can fit the rear with a little work and that gives you room to put the controller in the motors place and use the full battery box for batterys there's a thread on here with a razor built with one it's the more expensive choice few hundred dollars but the finished ride will be sweet if you pull it off
Battery wise I used Lipo and balance charger to get as much in as I could with lots of output power.
The motor suggested at 16s will see this scooter go over 45mph so I would suggest getting a front brake on there the drum on the rear copes fairly well even with water and dirt so a disk upfront is needed first I'd suggest but if you can get a disc setup on the rear and it does work fairly simple even with the standard wheel there's a disc to threaded hub adapter for mtb that does the job.
The front need a disc wheel as there's no way if getting a disc to mount to it if I remember correct the narrow wheeled razors come with a narrower front fork of 120 or 125mm vs 135mm of top of my head so it might be worth getting some mini moto wheels and a front fork from a big tyre scooter along with a front mtb disc conversion kit and have bigger tyres brakes all round.
The 4×3.00 tyres are much better over the bumps at 8psi the ride is decent nice and smooth can handle gravel roads in comfort depends on where and how you ride the skinny tyres have a better range on tarmac but there's big off road tyre, wet tyres or a slick in the larger sizes where as the 2.50 skinnys don't have the choice there's lots of avenues to go down.

The kuberg is a beast power wise it only does 35mph but it pulls like nothing I've had even up rocky inclines full throttle and the front end comes up few seconds I'm flat out easily keep up with a 125 off road at low speed, temperature is a problem though when it's cold the performance drops the packs need to be kept warm charged then instantly used and abused to make sure I get maximum fun, at lower power levels it's not as much an issue unless your pulling the cells limits or big amps at low volts the kuberg runs 13s10p 54.6v and 220amp gives 12kw max hot off charger it then drops down to 9kw when the batterys flat, enough to keep the front wheel on the ground and add 2 or 3 seconds to flat out.

The kuberg does sound a lot of fun, maybe an idea for the future, I like the idea of the brushless 48v 1600w kit with t8f chain. More affordable and I think 30mph is plenty for buzzing around hackney for me:)
I found one on ebay but looks too cheap, is it the right bit of kit? Do I need to get a new throttle for 54v of battery, my current one is a 36v throttle.
Would I have to mount the motor on top or would it fit in existing place?
I'm gonna have to use 3 x 18v makita batteries until I save up for a proper battery.
Can't wait to start getting new bits of kit!!
c956d4eba648a8b57b76b39cd759326d.jpg

The throttles all are the same 5v item, that seems to be the motor it is fairly cheap make sure it's postable not in China etc or it may get lost I'd wait till this virus is over before ordering out of country etc.

Or heavy wind and I don't mean from your arse, I came to a bend the wind blew a gale and I went straight on barely missing a parked car, hump back bridges at speed can be dodgy too flung me in the air.

Fastest I been is 48mph on a stand up and Id go faster but it has to be open land to see well ahead sketchy stuff can happen not any protection so I wear a bollocks cup at all times protect my head.

Haha sounds ds like I have some fun on it's way.
Jeez that's fast for a scooter man I'd shit myself lol.
I'm ordering my kit tomorrow (pic below)
Might need a hand getting it wired up if your up for it. I've found some disc brakes I reckon I could get into front and back with a few minor adjustments.

That's the motor kit, the disc brake I used was 140mm but it was tight to get on I had to space the front wheel bit of a suck it and see on the brakes they all differ along the version model on the front fork but the rear will be alot easier to get on if your handy with tools.

I ordered 120mm rotor, just waiting for deliveries then I can get busy with it, I'm pretty handy i reckon i can get it done with a bit of guidance.

Question about charging?

It's a bit of a pain taking the drill batteries out to charge,
Would i be able to get say a 60v scooter charger and bodge the bits together to charge them while still within the scooter or would that just mess my batteries up?

The charging will be an experiment of your own by there if you open them up I'll help along the way but without seeing what a been used it's hard to say it's safe.

I have a look at the output current on the charger and then match it to the new charger, my drill charger is 40 mins to fill on a 5 amp batt so it's about 7-8amp I imagine so keep the same time to charge them u be fine.

Back