The don of Razor e300's dual 6374 + vesc 6.6

Hey mate, been pissing about all day with this! The new motor is an absolute monster!! It refuses to go into same spot so I've had to go ontop. The controller is huge too but should be able to squeeze in the third battery.

You see that bar that goes over the back wheel?
Is that structural at all? It doesn't seem to be, I need to get rid of it so chain clears.
5f6556f6fa05d0d30a1d9c22d130afc1.jpg
7d5c8fe5ec89f791d3446987632508c4.jpg
5f6fc81c1249d5fccafc9f5c8e10ad0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I chopped the one side out so the chain cleared and there's still bolts to mount the top cover, I cut my top cover to go round the motor but it was fiddly I done it with cardboard made the template and cut the lid to suit so I could slot it on.

Keep it up you will love it when it's done not far to go now.

Mine wont look as pretty as yours I'm sure. It's like something outta mad max haha.

Well it's pretty much slung back together for now, all up a d running.

Thought I'd mention the front wheel flies into the air when I twist the throttle/detonator!! The acceleration is insane! I think switching from 11t to 15t front sprocket might sort that.

I'll do a few test runs, if I survive I'll let you know what's what.
1cf1a59cc5fcbbcf252f45c56b1fa295.jpg
642699161119b57cd816f6d9cfb16297.jpg
4c6a1dd3b0928f98717227375bb772f1.jpg

Nothing wrong with that fella the deck riser from wood is mint be honest it looks a blast one brake widow maker no need for front brake if its in the air 😎

Hahaha that's true I suppose.
It's like a bucking bronco right now, I dont a speed test a d its topping out at 18mph which is a fair bit lower than I was after.
The motor shipped with an 11t sprocket and a rear 44t replacing the rear 55t. Do I need to change the rear again or could I stick a 13t on the motor? What would you recommend? 30 mph top speed would be plenty for me. Calming down the acceleration a bit is needed too.
Love this motor though. Thank you for the recommendation mate. Its mental!!!

Also could you link me to some decent tyres that would fit? These stock ones are not too great

Here's a little calculator to help with power and gear selection. I think you'll have to put a fudge factor on there for efficiency losses, maybe something like 80% of the listed numbers. 18mph seems a bit low for the power and wattage, seems like you would be closer to 30.

https://electricscooterparts.com/drivetrain-parts-selection-guide.html

I used that and the gear ratio one. Its winding me up. One of the batteries was 18v but a weaker version, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Motor shipped with 44t rear and 11t front so I've lost 10 rear teeth, could be that?
I'm a bit sad now, I'm hoping a 13t front will do the job but I'm not sure it will.
Could it be the drill batteries not being ideal for the job?

If i can remember the 48v 1600w scooter comes with a 9t motor and a 54t rear for 6-1 gearing, on a 6.5 tyre that gives just over 30 mph but you have smaller rims so it will be a but slower just over 25mph or so say ruff estimate.

I can not help with tyre choice for that size of rim ive had the 4 inch × 3.00 tyres but I can say that the razors that have them fitted use a wider front fork but the rear dropout space is the same so if you did come across a razor with the large rims there's some variances that can stop it being a straight swap, I noticed between my blue and grey frames the headtube was shorter on the blue frame so the large wheel grey forks will only fit the grey models but your fine there is suggest finding a beater taking the parts to get bigger rims and then do the brake conversion.

The batterys will not spread the load equally if they have differing cells inside and arrangement so you could run into issues by there keep an eye on them if they discharge similarly or one pack drops before the rest etc.

Makeitfarster said:
The kuberg does sound a lot of fun, maybe an idea for the future, I like the idea of the brushless 48v 1600w kit with t8f chain. More affordable and I think 30mph is plenty for buzzing around hackney for me:)
I found one on ebay but looks too cheap, is it the right bit of kit? Do I need to get a new throttle for 54v of battery, my current one is a 36v throttle.
Would I have to mount the motor on top or would it fit in existing place?
I'm gonna have to use 3 x 18v makita batteries until I save up for a proper battery.
Can't wait to start getting new bits of kit!!
c956d4eba648a8b57b76b39cd759326d.jpg

Great procject!
Makeitfarster could you please post a link to this auction? I would like to make similar upgrade but combo like yours cost a lot more everywhere i looked. Did you got any customs charge when it arrived? Are you based in uk?
Regards!

Yo latex. I actually ended up getting a kit from alibaba.
Ebay suddenly went crazy on prices a d delivery costs or blanket sellout!
The kit I got in the pic in this post cost about 140 quid all in. No charges and was ridiculously quick to arrive.

It really can go up anything! If I put spikes in the wheels it'd go up the side of a building!

I fractured my elbow and chipped my wrist!!
I'll be fine, hoping to be back on the scooter in a couple of weeks:)

Ian, would these fit?
6158e1e2ad2b10e62a68773ceeacbbbb.jpg

They do fit the larger rim bit not the front fork cuz you got the small wheels but you will need them after you find a big wheel frame and upgrade the rim and fork.

Did you do that on the scooter ? What's A+E like these days hope u ok fella.

Sorry mate that's probably explained well but I'm a donut.
Can I get a bigger e300 frame or do you mean a new scooter frame? If so could you recommend one cos I have no idea what to look for. Sorry I need it all spelled out a bit lol.

A&E was brilliant! Was in and out in about 2 hours!!

The e300 comes in 2 flavours big tyre and small tyre both have the same frame if they are grey but the front fork is slimmer for the smaller wheel not sure if you could squeeze the tyre in but you won't got a disc brake aswell.

Your frame is fine far as I'm aware for what I can tell there's of 36 versions with small variances over the production run so the later grey models are the o e to go for like you have, just try find a front fork and wheels any spares or repairs munter will do.

Some good news though. I've notched the charger onto the batteries and the led went from green to red! So fingers crossed lol
547a629320ef6b3d1993f043f4b2bf19.jpg

Was measuring up the forks and thought hang on that dont look right hahaha

Back