The Mid Drive Hub as a Non Hub Group

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=110607

IMG_5777.png

bzhwindtalker said:
Hello to everyone here !
This thread is intended to share media about frame-mounted hub motor systems.
7054218109_f04c6c2be2_c.jpg

I just got into those systems, but I already built a functional mid drive and I LOVE it!

It's just so versatile, you have the offroad, the fast street bike and the hill climber on a single setup. The weight of the hub is centered and out of the wheel, meaning the suspension performance is not affected by the unsprung weight, and no fancy $$$ built wheel is needed. The gears let you keep the motor in his happy zone, thus getting a better efficiency if you do a lot of stop and go or offroad. Of course, running the motor through another chain means that you will loose a slight amount of power into transmission losses, but bikes chain are something like 98% efficient.

This is what this particular bikes does on 2000w

[youtube]Wpb2-kHjrTg[/youtube]

Please Sir, Where can I get the complete details of this build. I am mainly interested in learning how the sprocket on the hub motor was fastened so that it doesn't unscrew when rotated.

Well, that's not a hubmotor being used as a non-hub, which is all that this thread is for.

That's just a regular motor (similar to the Astro RC motors) being used as a middrive.

May I move your post to it's own thread, since it doesn't fit this thread's topic?

Back