The small problems 12 kW cro build

JBanksy

10 mW
Hi after success of last build moved on to more powerfull build
Now overcome problems had when upped power I.e heat from ht3525 now moved on to cromotor v3 and impressed is not the word.
new build specs
Greyborg warp frame
Speed drive crank
24 fet 4115 controller (extra layers of copper on load bearing lines) have 36 fet but 24 seems to be happy for this application
30s3p lipo pouch cells giving total of 125v 30Ah 10c power supply 3750Wh
1000w 14s balance charger
Cromotor v3
Fox suspension
Cycle analyst v3
26 rims (waiting to put to motorbike rim and tyres)
Sound alarms monitoring controller, phase wires, battery temp all individually to preset temps(motor monitored by CA)

Bike running like predicted a absolute monster climbs any hill didn't get to overhead on 16 miles trip saw top speed of 67mph 100a batt limit 255 phase take of was scary rode most time using first 25% of throttle but when feathered down power top speed was shocking and pull crazy. Got to 85 degrees c did have long slow section half way thoroughgoing through town and stopped for fuel (lucozade) but with all that power found not being on throttle for long once hit 30mph can pedal quite easy with minimal twist from throttle when pull back gets to speed fast counted 0 to 60 was 7 secs but not got hang of taking off yet literally scares me to pull back to hard haha will run lower phase but like to test at above what I intend to run so can be confident it will handle what I'm asking from it.this is what was designed for when finished be attacking mountains and off-road tracks this is not build for road build to replace a 125 motorbike not for the air pollution but the sound pollution and make riding and having fun on a recreational bike just as fun for the rider as befor if not more powerful and peaceful for neighbours and local people in the areas that motorbikes are ridden. And have less impact on the wildlife and environment.

Now my problems any help suggestions
My CA when run on 18 fet controllers work fine displays amps watts ect but on the 24 fet displays only speed from hub, batt volts ah used. But doesn't show amps and watts so don't know what amps I'm pulling but still shows ah used some how? Same ca on 18 fet with same pack works and show everything fine. Any suggestion.

Also my pack config I've burned through the tabs on 1 of my packs when was running 2P found a tab burned through on 1cell this then caused the pack to have a break in circuit leavin 1p delivering the load and yes instantly burned through a tab and bike comes to a stop hence running 3P. In past batteries handle 50a happy and ran at 80a at 1P and never had this happen so 2P burning through tabs must be pulling some amps but can't see as no amps shown on CA. Now I have being having these battery's made from factory this is 2nd design on battery's next batch will increase tab weight when having made have good links in factory been 12months to get to this standard, but this batch of cells I have I need to make use of and have a lot of them running 3p seems to have overcome the problem if new amps was pulling on take off as this is when happened.anyway my question is I run 30s 5x 6s packs now I have been config 5 packs in S making 30s then those 3 packs in P so have 3 125v battery's then wired in P. Is this the best way in terms of stress to the total pack during discharge.
Or am thinking of making like 3 packs in P making 22.2v 30ah then taking 5 of those packs and wiring in S maybe even tie the balance leads in each 22.2v 30ah pack although like to keep separate so can check each cell individually. Not talking in terms of less wire easy charging or less complicated but purely on total constructed pack stress as when tabs went 1 first then 2nd in 2P pack thinking 1P of pack must have delivered more current that the other causing burnout leaving 1 pack to take same power demand soon after failing in same way if had wired in the 2nd config is is more likely to share load evenly or is the 1st

Thanks guys go pro on way so hope to upload vids soon

Also forgot to ask for help I run throttle through CA works but I try without CA direct and is a lot smother can control a lot better seems to be bit of lag wen going through CA builds in waves not smooth at all any ideas there?

if its quiet your after, cant beat an adaptto max-e :wink:

and also say bye bye to ca not performing....

ridethelightning said:
if its quiet your after, cant beat an adaptto max-e :wink:

and also say bye bye to ca not performing....
done some google where can i buy 1 today and where has this system been hiding all my life!!! seems perfect do they really handle 12kw every day use any 1 used

Back