These 250W ebikes (toys) are very popular

markz said:
You are probably breaking the law :wink:
https://youtu.be/sHbGsZUsisE?t=21

Manbeer said:
i was actually thinking of getting one of those for my 5 year old for xmas

Lmfao! Didn't even know what to expect when I clicked the link.
I guess I'll definitely be breaking the law when it gets an MXUS 3k. Need to find a tire small enough to mount Directly onto the hub motor using it like a rim And spoke holes for the beadlocks

Get the 3T mxus 3kw :thumb:
More torque in smaller wheel diamter :wink:
Dump more amps into it too :mrgreen:
Just need 72V to compensate for the speed reduction.
You criminal you, is there a Crime Stoppers reward for ratting you out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDl9ZMfj6aE

Manbeer said:
I guess I'll definitely be breaking the law when it gets an MXUS 3k. Need to find a tire small enough to mount Directly onto the hub motor using it like a rim And spoke holes for the beadlocks

Better yet, I'll just wrap the hub with a zillion turns of duct tape for the tire. That way when something in the field breaks she can just rip off a little piece to fix it.

That'd be better workmanship then the Jetson.
:lol:

Old 20" mini's (Probably Steel so even better, I wouldnt go for folders) can be had for $100 if your lucky, $150 is about average, maybe $200 but who knows what the dropout widths are. Of course prices can go up from there. A BMX bike is a good alternative to a 20/22" mini, or a rigid kids bike. Then any ole wimpy 250-500W hub like Bafang. Geared would be the way to go with temp sensor so you dont fry it and hope the gears hold up.

Manbeer said:
Better yet, I'll just wrap the hub with a zillion turns of duct tape for the tire. That way when something in the field breaks she can just rip off a little piece to fix it.

The stand up scooters with the seat stool added is an interesting twist to the electrics on the pathways around my parts, surely it beats the couch or being "logged-in"

I bought a relative for X-Mas something very similar for $500. Swagtron 14 inch tires, folding bike, 36 lbs, 250W direct drive in rear, I think it does have 7 gears. Once the battery dies, you throw it in the trash. For $500 it's fine for the street. I've even seen big 200 lb adults riding on them lol.

Costco dumps the returns of the Jetsons at local auction sites, I have 4-5 Costcos and they dump a wide range of stuff unto the auction block. Food, shoes, whatever Costco sells, and gets reutrned, goes to auction.

Last edited:
I bought a relative for X-Mas something very similar for $500. Swagtron 14 inch tires, folding bike, 36 lbs, 250W direct drive in rear, I think it does have 7 gears. Once the battery dies, you throw it in the trash. For $500 it's fine for the street. I've even seen big 200 lb adults riding on them lol.
I saw a guy riding the costco bike down the freeway shoulder the other day. Seemed a bit unsafe...

Then there is this thing.

hummingbird-printed-t-shirt.jpg

Extra credit if you can read the url link description.

Back