this A$299 ebike kit (500W) vs known eZee kit for A$1100???

callagga

100 W
Really cant tell who makes the motor. Its a brushless direct drive motor. Its not geared.You might want to ask the seller. It looks like a decent rim with 12Gauge spokes. It may be a good kit to build up on. It will give you more funds for batteries. Looks like its a 36v possibly 25A controller. Other than that we cant tell you much. Batteries might not be included or may require an additional $150 on the ebay auction. If it were me. I personally would take a stab at it and use it as a starting platform to get the feel of the motor and the reliability before I enhance it with other performance items. There is no speed rating on the motor. Normally they give an rpm or mph or kph but its not listed.

it is a golden motor, the controller looks like the 36V shenzen type controller. how much is that in US dollars? made for SLA i think since they say 300 cycles for the battery. so that's what the charger is for.

dnmun said:
it is a golden motor, the controller looks like the 36V shenzen type controller. how much is that in US dollars?
Golden Motor - isn't that one that people on this forum recommend to stay clear of?

US$1 = A$0.70

No, it is not made by us. Please do not buy GoldenMotor from eBay, we do not sell on eBay.

I thought we'd decided GM don't make anything.

I emailed the ebay seller, fast reply, they don't have any rear motors, he didn't answer my question about if they were double walled rims.

It sure looks like a GM hub motor, or at least manufactured by the same company as supplies GM. GM didn't have too many complaints about their hubs (after being trued), more about customer service, warranty and controllers.

$300 AUD delivered is OK, I'd still look at upgrading everything but the motor.

Much like the aotema and wilderness energy, somebody makes a bunch of em, and they get branded by the name of somebody who sells em. Much of the value is in who you bought it from. We know the value of doing buisness with Justin at ebikes-ca. With the ezee kit you get a lithium battery.

Another good bargain out there is the kit I'm riding, from High Tech Bikes. Terry is building a good rep, and his kit for a front direct drive motor with 10ah lithium battery is a bargain. ES members can email him for free shipping.

there is no real comparison between the two. The Ezee is a diffrent class of motor, and geared motors are more expensive by nature.

There are better kits for the same money out there. I don't recomend Ebay for anything.

The 9 continents kits from places like Ebikekit.com are far superior for cheaper.

callagga said:
Hi,

I like the geared motor concept for torque at low end & I see the eZee kit from http://ebikes.ca/store/store_ezee.php for ~A$1,100 and that they seem to have a good name.
The Ebay motor doesn't include batteries . The Ezee motor without a battery is $745.

hyena bought this kit before from this seller. His running it fine!

its a goldenmotor. Doesnt come with tyre, just wheel and motor.

Its alrite if u want cheap kits.

I bought a 48v500w goldenmotor for $400aud, direct from china and its condition is way better than this sellers. Hyena told me wen he got this kit the wheel kinda bent.

Back