Thoughts on the All-Axle cassette torque sensor

laurentm

100 µW
Hello! Looking at getting the Grin All-Axle rear V3 motor and was wondering if anybody tried out its torque sensing capabilities and what are your thoughts?

I did a test ride on the German Spezi fair trade this weekend. The bike was from EBS, they shared the booth with Grintech. The system is great! :cool:
I've tested three different geared motors with the KCLamber cassette integrated torquesensor so far, but as I'm a fan of direct drives, the Grin motor was the best(y)

regards
stancecoke

I did a test ride on the German Spezi fair trade this weekend. The bike was from EBS, they shared the booth with Grintech. The system is great! :cool:
I've tested three different geared motors with the KCLamber cassette integrated torquesensor so far, but as I'm a fan of direct drives, the Grin motor was the best(y)

regards
stancecoke
Have you also ridden mid drives with torque sensors (e.g. cyc Photon, Bosch, Shimano) and have a comparison?

In the process of building out my Grin All Axle V3 now. Just got to sort out battery fit issue...

Yes of course. The position of the motor has nothing to do with the assistance behaviour. It's just proportional to the riders effort. Each manufacturer may have his own strategy to calculate the motor power from the sensor data in detail, but the main principle of
Code:
 motor power = factor * human power
is always the same.
The middrive has it's only advantage in using the gear shift to keep the motor rpm in a convenient range at climbing hills.🤷‍♂️

Back