• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

'Throttle protect' - How does it feel when it kicks in?

adriftatsea

100 W
Howdy.

When a Lyen/Infenion EB312 (12fet) controller goes into throttle failsafe ... should it just freewheel to a stop or does it attempt to stop the motor (like regen)?

I'm puzzled since my controller seems to lock the motor (HT3540 hub) when throttle is applied. Attempts to flash the controller and turn off the throttle protect failed thusfar :(.

EDIT - My issue turned out to be a mundane broken hall wire.

"locking" the motor (only when throttle is applied, free to rotate otherwise) is usually a symptom of a wrong phase/hall combo. Is the battery current high when this happens?

If it's not high except when you try to move the wheel, you might check the wiring for the "antitheft" feature and see if that's turned on / jumpered. That also locks the wheel against any movement, but it doen'st use much power except when you manually try to move it. I don't think it matters what the throttle does.

If the throttle is not working properly, all that should happen is the motor doesn't do anything.

Back