As above

I have the Tonaro or Zoco Rossa bike
I have replace the controller with a 36V/750W controller from Leaf motor
http://www.leafmotor.com/brushless-controller.html

I have wired up everything and it all works as it should, except the PAS

It used to work with the old controller
I have checked some wiring diagrams and the PAS seems to be a standard
The color coding on the wires match
The LED on the PAS blinks when peddling forward and is solid when going backwards

Any ideas?

I'm not sure about the PAS, however, you've just installed a 750W controller on a 250W motor!

Hi Chris, cant help with the PAS and what the wee red light does, mebe Catic in China will tell you if you email them. Shouldnt matter which way round but make sure the magnet disk is close enough to the sensor. Is the speed sensor hooked up?
The 200w marking on the motor is just for certification purposes, in the UK they mark it 250w, same motor. The motor should be ok at about 750w peaking to 1500w but this is a cold part of the world and I run 44v lipo. At 36v you are running more amps so be very careful pushing more than 25amps or so, and let us know how it goes.

speed sensor is hooked up. so far it is all working fine. I have emailed leaf motorcycle

chris... said:
I have the Tonaro or Zoco Rossa bike
I have replace the controller with a 36V/750W controller from Leaf motor
http://www.leafmotor.com/brushless-controller.html
Were you able to fit that controller into the same compartment as the stock controller?
If not, where did you put it?

BTW, can you run higher voltages on that controller?

Im thinking of upgrading my controller as well...

/Anders

no will not fit, its twice the size
put it on the battery rack

no idea about voltage

chris... said:
no will not fit, its twice the size
put it on the battery rack

no idea about voltage

Ok, thanks. It seems difficult to find a more powerful controller that will fit in that small box.

ambroseliao said:
... you've just installed a 750W controller on a 250W motor!

Just in-case you haven't been following along with ES much, this is roughly the theme of most folks mods done to ebikes here.

:twisted:

Well done on making your bike into something you enjoy using more. The next trick is learning how to improve motor cooling. :)

The lyen mini monster will fit if you saw off the mounting tabs. It is 6 fet and about 100mm long.
Oh, you prob have to lose the wee lid.

Back