Tongsheng mid drive Issue

A9ballkid

1 µW
Hello...I recently got my 52v 750watt tonsheng mid drive on the road. I only have about 60 miles on it and a couple of 1/3 depleted charges back to 90% as per my Luna smart charger. My routine ride is about 2.5 miles each way and I have a couple round trips on this charge. In fact I rode it yesterday to/fro with no issue. Parked in the garage, powered down the display and turned the battery off. I went out to make my trip this morning and noticed the display was reading only one bar...which seemed really strange since it has never showed less than 3/4 bars. That’s what i expect because after 15 miles when I went to charge it was still showing the battery at 70% based on the number that shows up on the Luna charger and that I’ve verified with a multimeter.

So...the reading on the display bothered me but I figured I’d try and make the trip home and back and charge at that point. I have a 17.5ah 52v battery so I figured it would be fine. Basically as soon as I hit the street it seemed like 8 was getting NO assist so I took the bike back in the garage and put it on to charge. Came home 3 hrs. Later and it was showing fully charged at 58.8...verified with my multimeter. Put it on the bike, turned it on...and then powered up the display...but it still is showing only 1 bar and I fear it’s not going to be working just like this morning. I’ve not hot rodded oR modified the firmware...just running the normal 4 assist modes and having the amps set at 16 max.

I’m going to try a ride test later this afternoon...but I’m not hopeful since I know the battery is freshly charged but looking depleted on the display. Any troubleshooting thoughts would be appreciated....just seems real odd that I was riding it Sunday about noon and all was well...then Monday morning with nothing done in between except powering down and now I have this issue. Thanks!

Hi to all again. Just went down and tried to take my ebike for a spin. It was just as this morning. For clarification while it’s only showing 1 bar on the battery level I’m not actually sure how many it shows when full. The space is big enough that full might be 5-6 bars. This is the big rectangular LCD black and white Screen and has the duplicate +-/i/light and power toggles on a Separate smallish rubberized unit on the handlebars. The motor wasn’t acting weak...or underpowered like someone might expect if it was nearly drained...it wasn’t making any noise at all. The display isn’t showing an error code (I overcame one of those on initial setup) so I do know what those look like.

It obviously is not showing the correct charge status...and yet it does appear to be powering up and down properly. Do these displays fail with some regularity? Can it cause this type of action? Since I get no motor hum whatsoever once I start pedaling no matter what assist level I toggle to...any ideas on what the heck is going on? Thanks!

Honestly the first thing I would do if at all possible is to try another battery, or to try your battery on another bike. The battery, even though it is showing full and even on the multimeter, might still be bad, as soon as you put it on the gas it puts a load on the battery and boom, no power.

Back