Tron - prone recumbent ebike

sk8norcal said:
not prone, we are built to walk upright, thus upright bikes :D

both prone and "lay on ur back" recumbents (ie Nocom) are both extreme positions..

Seme-proneTriple.jpg
This wouldn't be bad with a couple curvy girls in spandex in the front two positions. I could ride all day :D

maydaverave- HAHAHA... rumors are rife the front of Hyenas trouser got a lil bit tighter after
viewing the pic, don't be surprised if some of you fellas get pmed by HiGHSiDE with offers of a ride
on his 'new prone triple tandem' he has a new workshop he will be feverishly building i am sure :p :lol: :mrgreen:

Checkout how close together their feet are how the hell they all pedal at once? I gather its a common crank for all 3 of them?

KiM

Jeremy Harris said:
sk8norcal said:
I fly a hanglider head first, just like a bird...

I just knew there was another reason that I fly a paramotor, feet first, rather than a hang glider............ 8)

Jeremy

by the time a hanglider pilot get ready to land, he is already in a very upright position...

there are hanglider pilots that fly in 'supine' position. (not that popular)

some sit upright like on a swing, (but too much drag)

I remember some paraglider harness that are supine also... mainly to be more aero..

and also, Superman flys prone... :mrgreen:

You know, that street flyer at least looks comfortable! I have to agree however, recumbent > prone in every way; practicality, feasibility and style.

The only time I think prone will be kewl is the next time you're zaped into a computer program and simply grabbing a bar and leaping forward creates a Lightcycle that you can then ride. Only electrons find this mode of transport comfortable. :wink: :mrgreen:

It DOES look kewl in the movie however, and I used to love the look of bullet bikes when I had the back, shoulders and wrists that could take that riding position, now I just see a back/wrist/shoulder ache in the making! :oops: :p

AussieJester said:
veloman said:
So yeah, am I the only one who thought of that? I've thought about doing a prone recumbent build - extremely aero and low, but with the position that would allow high peak pedaling output. Comfort is not a goal here. Dropping jaws as you fly people is.

Well actually, you might be the first to do a recumbent, but the prone position on a bicycle has been done...

[youtube]d-akkbNyiXE[/youtube]

I believe HiGHSiDE Hyena was very excited about this bicycle when he first saw it
he mumbled something about building a tandem bike like it :roll: :mrgreen:

KiM

Just watching this guy getting on his bike makes me need to go for a piss.

I think there's such a thing as "too" prone, ie; horizontal or close to it, I would start at 20 degrees minimum, also if you're going to be in a prone position you really should make the most of the aero advantage and run a fairing. Just to show that what's old is new again I give you this vintage racebike that could be made quite a bit more comfortable with little effort. This is certainly the direction I would go if I was to build myself a prone bike, which the more I think about it, the more I want to! :wink:

Attachments

• Norton prone racebike.jpg
    Norton prone racebike.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 1,328
Back