TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

If I got that right, you had a new engine that ran fine. You flashed it and then it stopped working.
Then you installed a new controller and a new torque sensor and the engine ran back to normal. Then you flashed again and the engine did not run again. Flashing back the stock firmware did not work in either case.

To fix the problem, you've only disassembled the engine umpteen times and looked for a hardware cause or setting. IF the engine went before that shouldn't be the case. I also can't imagine that anything has been changed on the old controller variant, since a new one has long been installed and psw only sells old stocks.

Then the only plausible cause remains an error during flashing: incorrectly connected, defective cables, broken stlinkv2, wrong flash tool, wrong software version ...

raylo32 said:
Do you mean creak? I have that, too, under high human effort in a hard gear... but mine is almost certainly from the engine mounting not internal. Everything is tight but there is just a little play in there somewhere. I have had this on pedal bikes, too, and it could usually be solved by greasing or putting a little LocTite on the bottom bracket threads. I haven't tried that yet since it doesn't bother me too much on this bike.

freexxx said:
Hi, now I have 650 km on the TSDZ2 and now I hear a slight crack when turning the pedals it's not always. The sound comes from the engine. I also have a new chain as the original has been pulled out. What to check? Do I have to disassemble the whole engine? I have added 2 bearings for left and right. Should I record video with sound? Thanks
Problem solved
I tightened the main nut and support bracket. I chose the left bearing, which was inserted afterwards. :bigthumb:

Anikea said:
If I got that right, you had a new engine that ran fine. You flashed it and then it stopped working.
Then you installed a new controller and a new torque sensor and the engine ran back to normal. Then you flashed again and the engine did not run again. Flashing back the stock firmware did not work in either case.

To fix the problem, you've only disassembled the engine umpteen times and looked for a hardware cause or setting. IF the engine went before that shouldn't be the case. I also can't imagine that anything has been changed on the old controller variant, since a new one has long been installed and psw only sells old stocks.

Then the only plausible cause remains an error during flashing: incorrectly connected, defective cables, broken stlinkv2, wrong flash tool, wrong software version ...
thank you, I will investigate this too ...
But I think it's difficult ... over the years I have had another 2 tsdz2 and I have always used the same PC since September 2018, when only the original version of cashaino existed, it seems to me version 06, still so incomplete that it did not even show the km . The last time I used it on the old engine is March this year, version 20, no problem.
In the tests done in this latest engine that does not work, I had no errors, I checked the rom loaded with stvp and the reading was always successful. the only difference is that the old engines had lcd03 and were programmed via stvp with hex file, while this engine has vlcd5 and is programmed via java tool. But when I attempted the restore, I used eco-ebike backups which flash via stvp, and they don't work. In addition, with the guide of mbrusa I made over 20 flashes with particular parameters, to test, motor, torsometer, cadence sensor and everything has always worked according to his indications. it seems strange to me that there are software problems ... and no errors, but at this point everything can be ..

New version released.
TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware v20.1C.3-NEW-860C

1 - Added "Startup assist", to start from a standstill on impossible climbs.
2 - Improved cadence assist mode.
3 - Added new features on the display.

Update for 860C-850C displays, v20.1C.3-860C
Compatible with TSDZ2-v20.1C.3-860C-NEW.hex firmware motor and also with the previous version TSDZ2-v20.1C.3-860C.hex

Fixed Wh / km - Wh / mi conversion, now it works.

I added new data to trip A and trip B:
A used Wh
B used Wh
A Wh / km (Wh / mi)
B Wh / km (Wh / mi)
Furthermore, by setting the "automatic reset hours" to zero, with a fully charged battery (SOC 100%), an automatic trip reset is obtained.

Also added the possibility to set the temperature unit of measure independently from SI / Imperial (also SW102).

"Motor fast stop" has been removed as a menu item, but the function is still present, to activate it set Motor deceleration = 100 (also SW102).

Increased maximum battery capacity limit (also SW102).
Fixed other small bugs that I don't list.

The only modification on the motor is the "Startup assist" function, interesting for off-roaders, enabled in the "Startup boost" menu (with SW102 it is always enabled).
It is used to start from a standstill on impossible climbs, you have to press the UP button for two seconds and, keeping it pressed, start pedaling. After starting, release the button.
Warning: the power delivered when the UP button is held down depends on the level of assistance and the thrust on the pedals.

Only with SW102, enabled by default "Config shortcut key" (long M key), quick access to the configuration menu.
The SW102 version has not been tested.

The manual is still to be updated.

andrea_104kg said:
I think in the end I will have to give up and throw the motor in the garbage can ... :cry: and not even buy another one ... I don't see any solutions :cry:

Don't do that mate. I feel your frustration.

Just think it through from the beginning, test everything, check everything, measure everything. I know you already have as you are very experienced, but as when I'm programming and can't solve a problem, eventually I figure it out and usually it was blindingly obvious.

As Eric Idle sang in Life of Brian: Always look on the bright side of life... :lol:

:)

andrea_104kg said:
thank you, I will investigate this too ...
But I think it's difficult ... ...
Yes, it will not be easy.

With the first torque/ecu set you had run the engine with OSF just for a short time in the first place.
Flashing OSF several times without errors, engine won't run normally, only walk does work, till you found there is no signal of the PAS/cadence sensor.
Normally replacing a controller should be enough for a working PAS/cadence signal, but you changed the torquesensor too.

After changing these hardware parts the behaviour is exactly the same as with the first set from the start after flashing OSF.
The difference is that the second set never did work with OSF normally, because of the missing PAS/cadence signal.

So the question is, what could happened the first time after the first OSF run that fried/disconnect your PAS/cadence sensor that way that the second PAS/cadence sensor is fried/disconnected immediately after trying to run the tsdz2.

What I read too was that your first controller was "whistling" after the engine had stopped working. With disconnected torquesensor the whistling stopped.
This means that there is maybe uncontrolled oscillating. Does the second controller unit this too?

@andrea_104kg,
Imho it is better to open a separated topic in the troubleshoot part or even better Tsdz2 main topic .
I will move all my relevant posts from here to there.

mbrusa said:
New version released.
TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware v20.1C.3-NEW-860C

1 - Added "Startup assist", to start from a standstill on impossible climbs.
2 - Improved cadence assist mode.
3 - Added new features on the display.

Update for 860C-850C displays, v20.1C.3-860C
Compatible with TSDZ2-v20.1C.3-860C-NEW.hex firmware motor and also with the previous version TSDZ2-v20.1C.3-860C.hex

Fixed Wh / km - Wh / mi conversion, now it works.

I added new data to trip A and trip B:
A used Wh
B used Wh
A Wh / km (Wh / mi)
B Wh / km (Wh / mi)
Furthermore, by setting the "automatic reset hours" to zero, with a fully charged battery (SOC 100%), an automatic trip reset is obtained.

Flashed on a bike with SW102. No Problems so far on a mini testride.

- I dont find the new Trip Wh/km and used Wh data. Its not in the Items i could choose for the mainscreen.
- Quick Config Button works.
- The SW102 still often crashes in ConfigMenu.

Is it normal that my old data was still there after the flash?
Shouldnt it wipe all data?

Nfer said:
I think Trip function is only for 860 display

Sad but maybe it will also implemented for SW102.
Another question:

- Anyone with 36V Motor and Battery with good Settings?
- I only achieve 6-7 Ampere battery current maximum even if i put the motor power up to 450w.
What parameters are related to the current?

I recently set up my TSDZ2 the the OSF software, everything went well over about a week and about 100 miles. Then about 9 miles into a ride my controller smoked and failed. I am looking for advice on what I went wrong and how to safely put the OSF on my new controller when It arrives and I replace it.

bellow are the setting I was using

BasicSettings.png
AssistanceSettings.png
AdvancedSettings.png

Codiack said:
....controller smoked and failed. I am looking for advice on what I went wrong and how to safely put the OSF on my new controller when It arrives and I replace it.
It looks for unknown reasons, that 48V motor with stock display has still problems with v20.1C.3New.
As a precaution, the advice is to use v.20.1C.1
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=110682&start=975#p1669152

why don't you use the battery indicator for a percentage connection with the residual battery voltage?
if I charge the battery for about 1-2 hours, it will not appear on the dislplay...
i think the connection between max charge voltage and min discharge voltage.
I know it's not that accurate but still

I confirm the reduction of battery consumption in the new firmware TSDZ2-v20.1C.3-860C-NEW :bigthumb:

Hello.

I have been using the mbrusa firmware since day one and I can only say that it is very good.

Recently, I have swapped my 36V battery for a 48V one with 21700 cells.

Since changing the battery, my VLCD6 display does not show the battery charge correctly.

These are the values ​​that I have in the configurator:

6JMM6gx

https://ibb.co/6JMM6gx
2gtgJWr

https://ibb.co/2gtgJWr

I am doing something wrong?
Sorry for my english.
Thanks!

Thanks a lot!

I was going crazy with the display.

Now everything works correctly.

Thanks again.

Hi. today I uploaded 20.1c3 on ktlcd3 and there is a problem, the system starts but the up / down buttons do not work. I checked the button cables and everything is fine. What could be wrong? both 0.19 and 0.20 also the up and down buttons do not work. KTLCD3 V3 48V.

Edit.

I found the cause. in this ktlcd3 buttons are connected to other processor ports, I made bridges to ports PB1 and PB2, it worked. However, there was a new problem. when we click for 2 minutes with the up / down buttons, then the up button is pressed, as if it was still pressed, I physically checked with a multimeter and there is no short circuit. any ideas?

I made one last try, a little desperate. The first controller, broken after less than an hour, (torque sensor not detected) had the pas sensor working, disassembled and tested. The second new controller, the torque sensor also did not work, but from tests made, the fault was of the pas that did not detect the cadence. I took the working pas sensor of the first control unit, I cut the wires and put it in place of the non-working one in the second control unit. I only did a few meters, with the engine open, but incredibly, IT WORKS !! :) I still have to do some tests and flash the right version of the software, let's hope something doesn't get stuck, but at least it's encouraging! In practice, due to an unfortunate series of circumstances, two new controllers did not work, luckily with different defects. I have to thank mbrusa who made me understand what was wrong, with the assistance of her and Elinx who prompted me to try the hall sensor, thanks!
I use 20.01b firmware, a little problem i must disable the odometer correction , or i do not see the speed, it's a bug?

hetm4n said:
.... the up and down buttons do not work. KTLCD3 V3 48V.
..... in this ktlcd3 buttons are connected to other processor ports, I made bridges to ports PB1 and PB2, it worked. ....
Good, you have found the cause, but that means that the different kt-lcd3 displays arn't interchangeable anymore the normal way. without changes inside the firmware.

What you have done with these bridges means that you maybe must cut the old connections too.

FYI
I have seen older pictures of the KTlcd3 PCB and indeed it look different in that area.

Vu7byNS.jpg

mbrusa said:
Dudarus1 said:
good evening

hopefully someone can help before i buy a new display.

i recently decided to give open source firmware a go on my tsdz2 however i have had problems flashing my 850c display. i have all the cables from eco cycles the problem is it flashes says its successful but will not power on. i cant seem to find a copy of the stock firmware for the 850c to flash back to stock i did however find maxicolour850c firmware so i flashed that and the display turns on, i have tried osf and your fork but the display refuses to work.

is there any thing i can try before i purchases a new display

thanks in advance Jake
There are two firmware versions for 850C.
850C_v20.1C.2-bootloader.bin, for displays up to 2020.
850C_2021_v20.1C.2-bootloader.bin, for 2021 displays.
Check the date on the back of the display.
There are two firmware versions for 850C.
850C_v20.1C.2-bootloader.bin, for displays up to 2020.
850C_2021_v20.1C.2-bootloader.bin, for 2021 displays.
Check the date on the back of the display
Obviously for the motor you have to use version v20.1C.2 or v20.1C.3.

Hi,I had installed the Kit of TSDZ2 & 850C with original 6pin cable, I had same experience as Jake, till I red this response and tried 850C_2021_v20.1C.2-bootloader.bin, the 850C can be powered on and stay in the screen shows keep pedal free and wait for TSDZ2, About few minutes later it shows error brakes(which I do not have brake sensor), and nothing happen anymore. even I had connected the display to motor, shows same.
Is is just a non proper version for my display or I can do anything to make it works?
Thanks

If you see the error "Error brakes" the software is correct and working.
The "Error brakes" error is a bit ambiguous, I left the original description even if it would be more correct to define it "Error comms", it means that there is no communication between the display and the motor controller.
I am thinking of a wiring problem.
Do you have a display with 6-pin Thonsheng connector, or with 5-pin Bafang connector and adapter cable?
Unfortunately I don't have 850C, but from the feedback of those who tried it it works, both in the previous version and with the new 2021 version.

Zadou1989 said:
.... installed the Kit of TSDZ2 & 850C with original 6pin cable, ...few minutes later it shows error brakes(which I do not have brake sensor), ....
As mbrusa said the brake error is a communication error, meaning the display doesn't see the tsdz2.

Some questions:
Did the 850C work before with the original stock firmware?
Maybe a superfluous question, but besides flashing the display have you flashed the tsdz2 controller too?

Does anyone use or tried the 48v motor setting with a 36v motor?
What are the results or differences between the two settings with a 36 v motor?
Thanks, Jeff

jeff.page.rides said:
..... 48v motor setting with a 36v motor?
What are the results or differences between the two settings with a 36 v motor?...
Both motors have different specs. like coil windings, inductance (135uH vs 76uH) and resistance (0.25 Ohm vs 0.094 Ohm)
You need these values for motor specific calculations.
By choosing the right motortype, the OSF controls the motor at best.
So I think experimenting with it could lead to unexpected behaviour or failure.

Here you find a short explanation

Back