TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Not sure if this is the right place but has anyone managed to flash the firmware using a mac? I have successfully installed this build on two Tongshengs from a PC but no luck on the Mac. Following the instructions from mbrusa I have installed SDCC 4.2.0 and Java and stm8flash but when I 'compile and flash', it creates a .ini file in experimental settings but nothing else happens. From what I can see below there might be a problem with stm8flash.....greatful if anyone has any experience.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.14.08.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.14.08.png
    344.2 KB · Views: 3
I'm preparing my tsdz2 for flashing and backed up the program memory, data memory, and option byte tabs in STVP. I tried originally using the 5v output from the st-link but STVP was giving me sporadic results. I switched to the 3.3v and it consistently reads fine now. Is that a concern? Does that mean I have a V2 controller?

I'm preparing my tsdz2 for flashing and backed up the program memory, data memory, and option byte tabs in STVP. I tried originally using the 5v output from the st-link but STVP was giving me sporadic results. I switched to the 3.3v and it consistently reads fine now. Is that a concern? Does that mean I have a V2 controller?
I have two motors, one I flash with 3V and the other with 5V. If I use the wrong one it doesn't work :) I don't think it is an indicator of V2 controller.......mbrusa posted somewhere that users were finding 3V worked when 5V didn't .....I think you are good to go!

hey
can it be done easily that instead of ODO km i could have temperature / motor power / wh used etc ?
odo is resetting anyway every 1000km with vlcd6 so it's kinda useless ... having constant view of temperature for example without interruption with speed reading seems better option
cheers

Hello,

is there a setting to enable/disable streetmode per hotkey in the 860C? I read somewhere that there is a hotkey which you can configure but it is not mentioned in the wiki or @mbrusa documentation.
Also another question: how can I set the deceleration? I can see only the ramp for acceleration in the documentation.

Hello,

is there a setting to enable/disable streetmode per hotkey in the 860C? I read somewhere that there is a hotkey which you can configure but it is not mentioned in the wiki or @mbrusa documentation.
Also another question: how can I set the deceleration? I can see only the ramp for acceleration in the documentation.
Just with the lights button, I quess. Same as 850c.

Hi — Question on lighting modes. The "lighting control off" options seem to behave just like the lighting control on options. That is: I would expect that the lighting mode "5" would result in the light being always on.

However it seems to function the same as "1". When I turn it on there is no voltage until I turn on the lighting circuit, then it comes on as expected. Any clues? Anyone else use this feature? Thanks!

From the wiki:
With light control ON:
0 - on
1 - flashing
2 - on and fast flashing when braking
3 - flashing and on when braking
4 - flashing and fast flashing when braking
5 - on and on during braking also with light control OFF
6 - on and fast flashing when braking even with the light control OFF
7 - flashing and switched on when braking even with the light control OFF
8 - flashing and fast flashing when braking even with the light control OFF

Is it possible to run the motor without speed sensor with this firmware? Thanks!
Yes, if the sensor is not detected, you will get an E08 error and assist will be removed. Note E08 means something different without OSF.

You can tell OSF to ignore error and continue with assist by:

At level 4-TURBO, pressing the lights button 2 + 2 + 2 times until E04 flashes.

This will work until powered off.

hey
can it be done easily that instead of ODO km i could have temperature / motor power / wh used etc ?
odo is resetting anyway every 1000km with vlcd6 so it's kinda useless ... having constant view of temperature for example without interruption with speed reading seems better option
cheers
is this possible or not because it's strictly programmed into display itself ?

you have to select with display "assist with sensor error" and it will work with no speed measure
Yes, if the sensor is not detected, you will get an E08 error and assist will be removed. Note E08 means something different without OSF.

You can tell OSF to ignore error and continue with assist by:

At level 4-TURBO, pressing the lights button 2 + 2 + 2 times until E04 flashes.

This will work until powered off.

Do you know if there is any motor operation reason that the speed sensor is needed? I am running the original firmware without speed sensor and it just works.

Pressing that button sequence every boot would be annoying, so I might attempt to hack the source to get rid of it -- if the speed sensor is not really needed for something concerning motor operation

you can save it with another combination and it stays saved so no need to do this every time

you can save it with another combination and it stays saved so no need to do this every time
Ok! That sounds promising!

I have a VLC6 display, not sure if I have a light button to perform these sequences, is it possible with this display?

Indeed you can save the current combination, but not overruling the error messages from sensors.
Ignoring error messages is only for emergency to get home.

Last edited:
Do you know if there is any motor operation reason that the speed sensor is needed? I am running the original firmware without speed sensor and it just works.

I dont think the speed sensor is needed by the motor - odd why it cuts completely when not working/present though (maybe a legal thing - Tong Sheng do try to keep the motors legal)

I've used mine on OSF, with speed sensor disconnected, and error overridden, with no problems.

I dont think the speed sensor is needed by the motor - odd why it cuts completely when not working/present though (maybe a legal thing - Tong Sheng do try to keep the motors legal)

I've used mine on OSF, with speed sensor disconnected, and error overridden, with no problems.
What I am saying is that with the original firmware everything works fine without the sensor, no restrictions or error messages at all. So Tong Sheng is running a leaky ship in this regard :)

I would like to use the OSF the same way as I am doing currently on stock firmware:
  • No speed sensor
  • No error messages
  • Everything just works

Indeed you can save the current combination, but not overruling the error messages from sensors.
Ignoring error messages is only for emergency to get home.
I understand this, as contrary to what pxl66 said, I would actually have to change the OSF code a bit to be able to always run without speed sensor without having to press buttons after every boot?

Working my way through the thread and found these relevant posts from mbrusa about running without speed sensor:

Apparently the speed sensor is used a bit to improve the assistance curves. It seems from the second post that it should be possible to save the "assist with error" mode to eprom, but it will keep nagging with an error message.

I really like the motor as it is with stock, but the way it shuts down on pedaling a bit fast is limiting, I have to shift gears a bit too often to stay in the optimal cadence range

Apparently the speed sensor is used a bit to improve the assistance curves. It seems from the second post that it should be possible to save the "assist with error" mode to eprom, but it will keep nagging with an error message.

I really like the motor as it is with stock, but the way it shuts down on pedaling a bit fast is limiting, I have to shift gears a bit too often to stay in the optimal cadence range

The speed sensor is used for the acceleration and deceleration ramps - which wont have much effect on the assistance curves - I certainly dont notice it missing. Makes sense now why OSF needs it - I never realised stock didn't.

Yes, the cadence limit on the stock firmware is rubbish - the feild weakening of OSF really works well, and really imroves the cadence limit.

Hi,

sorry if wrong thread, but does anyone know of an EU source for the TSDZ2 controller v1?
enerprof seem only to have v2.....

thanks!

Back