• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

hermes127 said:
Hi guys, unfortunately my bike with the TSDZ2 motor and this wonderful firmware has been stolen so I'm going to buy a new bike and I want to re-install the TSDZ2B motor with the mbrusa firmware for VLCD5 display. Can I use the mbrusa firmware with the new Tong Sheng TSDZ2B motor? I know that there are many mechanical improvements in that new version but I'm not sure if the electronic controller is compatible with the mbrusa firmware. Thanks in advance for the help!

Uf, sorry to hear that. :( I bought TSDZ2B and it's working fine with OSF.

atlet said:
hermes127 said:
Hi guys, unfortunately my bike with the TSDZ2 motor and this wonderful firmware has been stolen so I'm going to buy a new bike and I want to re-install the TSDZ2B motor with the mbrusa firmware for VLCD5 display. Can I use the mbrusa firmware with the new Tong Sheng TSDZ2B motor? I know that there are many mechanical improvements in that new version but I'm not sure if the electronic controller is compatible with the mbrusa firmware. Thanks in advance for the help!

Uf, sorry to hear that. :( I bought TSDZ2B and it's working fine with OSF.

Thanks Atlet, fortunately a good news! Have a nice day.

Elinx said:
hermes127 said:
...Can I use the mbrusa firmware with the new Tong Sheng TSDZ2B motor? .....
tr8 and endlessolli gave already feedback that OSF can be flashed on the Tsdz2B from PSWPower.

edit:
And atlet too :)

I hope you will be more lucky with your new build, succes
i flashed two of them too . but im not happy with outer gear and bcd110 spiders / chaingears in B version

pxl666 said:
Elinx said:
hermes127 said:
...Can I use the mbrusa firmware with the new Tong Sheng TSDZ2B motor? .....
tr8 and endlessolli gave already feedback that OSF can be flashed on the Tsdz2B from PSWPower.

edit:
And atlet too :)

I hope you will be more lucky with your new build, succes
i flashed two of them too . but im not happy with outer gear and bcd110 spiders / chaingears in B version

Why? It's not possible to install 110BCD T36 on it?

A littel OT, but regarding the last posts:

I am currently building a new bike with TSDZ2B and OSF (no problem there, works like a charm, plus DZ41 Display)
I intend to use a belt drive, so i had to look at 130 bcd adapter, as there are no direct adapter available for the TSDZ2B at the moment. I am using this 110mm to 130mm bcd adapter:
https://www.ticycles.com/components/110mm-to-130mm-bcd-adapter?utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer_notification
It fits the motor with no problems.
So for anywone out there wanting to go 130bcd on TSDZ2B, this is the way to go.
Here are some pictures with original spider:
Chrainring_1.jpg
Chainring_2.jpg

Attachments

• Chainring_with_Mudport.jpg
    Chainring_with_Mudport.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 639
Testi said:
I am currently building a new bike with TSDZ2B and OSF (no problem there, works like a charm, plus DZ41 Display)
I intend to use a belt drive, . ...
That looks a clean build. Thanks for sharing
Are you planning a stealth look? So yes, how you mount the battery in that case?

Testi said:
A littel OT, but regarding the last posts:

I intend to use a belt drive, so i had to look at 130 bcd adapter, as there are no direct adapter available for the TSDZ2B at the moment. I am using this 110mm to 130mm bcd adapter:
https://www.ticycles.com/components/110mm-to-130mm-bcd-adapter?utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer_notification
It fits the motor with no problems.
So for anywone out there wanting to go 130bcd on TSDZ2B, this is the way to go.
Here are some pictures with original spider:
Chrainring_1.jpg
Chainring_2.jpg

Looking forward to seeing this when it's done! Do you have any details on the belt drive you're using, I assume you're using an IGH?

Elinx said:
That looks a clean build. Thanks for sharing
Are you planning a stealth look? So yes, how you mount the battery in that case?
Not a real stealth look, but internal wiring. Battery is mounted on the down tube.
eameso said:
Looking forward to seeing this when it's done! Do you have any details on the belt drive you're using, I assume you're using an IGH?
Belt drive is Gates Carbon with front CDC MudPort sprocket and rear CDX sprocket in combination with an Alfine SG-S7000-8 (heavily modded frame and motor to fit with the belt line).
I will post more pictures when the project is done (about 90% complete)

hey . my motor stopped working suddenly during ride . just 0.0 on the speed reading , in normal mode and light mode ...not showing temperature nor voltage ...power ...nothing
is this temp sensor problem? speed sensor?? no weird noise...works smoothly ...assist is not working either

pxl666 said:
..... motor stopped working suddenly during ride .....
Biggest chance is the speedsensor which is shifted too close or away from the spoke magnet.
The distance must be about 10mm from eachother.
You need all three sensors for a running motor (Pas/Torque/Speed)

It is possible to continue driving if a sensor is faulty with the setting
"ASSIST WITH SENSORS ERROR" - Level 4-E04 (2+2+2 pushes)
which can only be selected by the display (see page 3 inside the manual)

Elinx said:
pxl666 said:
..... motor stopped working suddenly during ride .....
Biggest chance is the speedsensor which is shifted too close or away from the spoke magnet.
The distance must be about 10mm from eachother.
You need all three sensors for a running motor (Pas/Torque/Speed)

It is possible to continue driving if a sensor is faulty with the setting
"ASSIST WITH SENSORS ERROR" - Level 4-E04 (2+2+2 pushes)
which can only be selected by the display (see page 3 inside the manual)

hmm ... flashed with older version of OSF and everything went back to normal ...

pxl666 said:
... to 20.1c.2
from 20.1c.2 update1
In that case I don't have an explanation for that behaviour, because the changes between these builds are minimal.

mbrusa said:
pxl666 said:
hey . my motor stopped working suddenly ...
A question.
Then turning it off and on again, did it work?
Or did it no longer work until the reflash?
motor stopped assisting and speed was showing 00 and in light/data display mode it was showing 00 all the time - no temp read no voltage read - 00 constantly . after flash this was gone and display started fine .
however now after startup im seeing e02 , that indicates torq sens error . will have to look into this more ...

mbrusa said:
My question was to understand if the problem was this:
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1/issues/28

hm my display was not frozen , only the speed reading was frozen at 00 , is this the same ? but it wasn't showing any values like temp or voltage . this was gone after flash . but afer few minutes of pedaling I've got e02 ...
rebooting didn't help

update . turned out that torque sensor was torn up from too much grease. it made it stick to each other and tore up springs and wires...good I had spare .
but . what amazes me is that the bike went dead last night . 00 on the display and nothing else ... then , next day, after flash it was okay . worked fine for few minutes then died ... i wonder WHEN sensor was ruined and caused e02 ...

I have released a new update for the stock displays, it is not a final version because in this period I cannot test it.
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-0/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

The changes are:
1 - Added fifth level for displays that support it (tested by user Lii, in this topic on page 62)

2 - Modification proposed by GitHub user Icha78, for the problem "Motor stops working randomly, needs to be rebooted to continue".
(tested by users of the Italian Jobike forum).

3 - Fixed the problem of displaying data with units in miles, the maximum value was limited to 62.4, now beyond this value there is a change in scale, from 62.4 to 6.3.
Example: with fully charged battery, 9.9 will be displayed instead of 99.9, at 6.3 it changes scale and becomes 62.4, to distinguish 9.9 = 99% from 9.9 = 9.9% look at the notches.
(this modification is to be tried).

mbrusa said:
I have released a new update for the stock displays, it is not a final version because in this period I cannot test it.
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-0/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

The changes are:
1 - Added fifth level for displays that support it (tested by user Lii, in this topic on page 62)

2 - Modification proposed by GitHub user Icha78, for the problem "Motor stops working randomly, needs to be rebooted to continue".
(tested by users of the Italian Jobike forum).

3 - Fixed the problem of displaying data with units in miles, the maximum value was limited to 62.4, now beyond this value there is a change in scale, from 62.4 to 6.3.
Example: with fully charged battery, 9.9 will be displayed instead of 99.9, at 6.3 it changes scale and becomes 62.4, to distinguish 9.9 = 99% from 9.9 = 9.9% look at the notches.
(this modification is to be tried).
:bigthumb:
Installed and seems to be working w/o flaws.
Tested on 36V System w/ XH-18 display in "km - mode" running in Power Assist Mode.
(I never experienced the problem of item number 2) above with the older Firmware Versions either, though)
Thank you for your continuing improvements on this firmware - mille grazie! :)

@mbrosa could you explain how your firmware repo "0" and "1" are related?
maybe also add that to the description of those?

Also:
How are your 2 firmware projects related to https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike
Feature wise and performance wise?

Basically, I'm a bit distracted by there basically being 3 "big-ish" forks that all seems to originate from the above repo v0.20.
What's the cause of this? As no project actually has documented what has lead to that fork.

With @casainho all but limiting development over at above repo and, for example, your fork still getting development... Wouldn't it be beneficial to get all those faces into the same direction? As most media refer to above repo when it comes to OSF, which leaves the forks (that are actually getting more devtime by now) mostly out-of-the-light.

ornias said:
Basically, I'm a bit distracted by there basically being 3 "big-ish" forks that all seems to originate from the above repo v0.20.
What's the cause of this? As no project actually has documented what has lead to that fork....
Till OSF v0.19 there was just one base
Casainho has further developed above v0.19
The final v 0.20Beta1 of buba is based on v.019 too,
The last build of marcoq was based on v0.19,
mspider65 and mbrusa has developed their builds above v0.20Beta1
mbrusa latest builds are based on mspider65 versions.
So it is a tangle of different builds.

The reason?
Casainho didn't accept related builds for stock display's with his development and insisted a seperated fork (and topic) for these versions.
Buba, Marcoq and Casainho' have stopped developing for Tsdz2, so only the forks stay alive

Edit. EndlesCadence was involved till v0.16

Back