TTXGP Australia July 1st - 3rd

Cheers Malcolm,

I am planning on documenting the whole series here. It has been a tough challenge for all of the teams and I only hope that Chris can get his motor sorted. It would be fantastic to have some more bikes on the grid also. There is supposed to be another team coming from New Zealand to compete but that's all I have heard on the grapevine.

The lads here have come a long way in the past year. Daniel's endless tweaking has made for some fantastic motor modifications and battery building techniques and Jon's just about got that Catavlolt ready to fly. Next race is gonna be interesting. Only problem is that it's in Victoria, so that's a 10 hour drive from Sydney! Damn Australia is BIG! We need a plane!

The mood is great here with some great support from AEVA. You just look around the electric pits and there must be at least 12 members of AEVA lending a hand, The discussions are awesome. Everything from how to sync dual Agni motors to best methods for dissipating current from an overcharged cell. It's brilliant!

I hope all is well with you and that your Cagiva is going well. I just saw the one I resurrected (Lifebatt bike No:66) sliding down the track at the TTXGP Anglesey. Just closed my eyes and pretended it didn't happen! >:)

Andy.

I've been watching Daniel's build from the start over on DIY Electric Car. He just keeps ploughing on regardless of setbacks, and that seems to be the common factor to everyone involved in the racing scene. I really like the pioneer spirit that comes over in your video. I think this is a period that in a few years' time people will look back on as the good old days, before the big boys got involved.

The Cagiva's going really well apart from me repeatedly blowing up the BMS through sheer cack-handedness... I'm trying to develop it to the stage where it's totally me-proof :)

Keep up the good work Andy!

You know Malcolm, I share your sentiments about this being the good times. That pioneer spirit is definately the real story here and i just hope it stays alive long enough for me to capture it on film.

Andy.

amberwolf said:
dingoEsride said:
The more I look at these Brammo's the more I like them
Remember, the Brammo is the red, blue and black thing under and behind what you are looking at. ;)

While on the subject of Brammo girls... :)

lukebrammogirls.jpg

A123 girl was more my style though. :)

lukea123girlv.jpg

lukeanda123girl.jpg

New TTXGP coming up at Laguna Seca in 2 weeks! Buy, cheat, beg, or steal to get there if you can. It's going to be an amazing weekend with MotoGP and a TTXGP at the same event. :)

Team Voltron's race report :D

http://efxc.com.au/xtremema.nsf/ae002b388f9db369ca2574ed00200523/db9de30b970ecaf8ca2578c60081d810?opendocument

Nice one Chris!

Great report Chris!

I would encourage any potential sponsors to get in touch with Chris and his Voltron.

With only a modest financial contribution from our bike shop, Chris put big Glow Worm stickers on his bike and spoke highly of us throughout the weekend.
Lots of interest from other teams in the pits and exposure from media as well.

For my part, I really enjoyed helping out over the weekend and was glad to be there when midnight repairs were required!

Cheers, Abraham

Back