Turnigy 80-100-B up for the challenge?

Those batteries are fine. I personaly use the cheaper turnigy 20c rated batteries in 5000mah. & chain them together to build voltage & capacity for the set up.

If making 50mph is absolutly required. The smallest motor you should be looking at is a perm132. I won't rave about legalities...but i know how stressed bicycle stuff is at 50mph. Fine for the track where all the traffic is going one way & you don't care if the motor fails. But on the streets its a different set of circumstances.

Thud said:
If making 50mph is absolutly required. The smallest motor you should be looking at is a perm132.
At the cost of that motor, I might as well get two Greyborg motors lol

Bluefang said:
Your better off using the Zippy 20C 6s5000mah batteries as they seem be better value, cost vrs capacity
Thud said:
Those batteries are fine. I personaly use the cheaper turnigy 20c rated batteries in 5000mah. & chain them together to build voltage & capacity for the set up.
Which way should I chain them? I am looking to get 4 batteries so should I go for voltage or AH?
I absolutely need the 50mph speed on the road, so maybe I should stick to a hub motor? any hub that you can think of that can get me to that speed? with power to spare other than a greyborg?
How about BMC? or the Crystalyte HS3545?

coldfusion594 said:
I am looking to get 4 batteries so should I go for voltage or AH?

You have got some serious learning to do. You have to understand what all the variables mean. 50mph is not an easy throw together setup.

E-racer said:
You have got some serious learning to do. You have to understand what all the variables mean. 50mph is not an easy throw together setup.

Yea I know the basic stuff. Just do not have the experience to know what I need to make the motor last as long as I need it to... Experience will tell me whether or not 4 batteries will be enough, and the chart on the Greyborg motor page makes it simple but it does not give me the information on how long the motor will last at that power... However I am weighing all my options and looking at not just at Greyborg's motor...

But yes you are right I do need to learn a LOT more before I can make a bike that I want to build but that is why I joined this forum, to learn from people such as yourself :D

You must define what 4 batteries means. You need at least 1 kW/hr to go 50 mph for maybe 2-3 miles... this means you need minimum 8 6s 5,000 mah packs. 8 packs gives you 12s (50 volt) 20,000 mah or 20 ah. 50volts * 20 ah = 1000 w/h or 1 kW/hr

coldfusion594 said:
The motor behind it all is what I mainly have questions about:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5142&Product_Name=Turnigy_80-100-B_130Kv_Brushless_Outrunner_(eq:_70-55

Karl

Will you be able to get this motor in your lifetime? I've been waiting months for several of the kv130 and kv180: No relief is in sight. I'm anticipating finding a source other than HobbyKing, but so far anyone who markets that motor seems similarly out of stock.

I found one that's suggesting I'll get a real good price if I buy 100, but after I go through several and a relative takes a couple, what do I do with the rest? I mean it sounds fun to have that many, but. . . .

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001224162

9394001224162_01.jpg

E-racer said:
You must define what 4 batteries means. You need at least 1 kW/hr to go 50 mph for maybe 2-3 miles... this means you need minimum 8 6s 5,000 mah packs. 8 packs gives you 12s (50 volt) 20,000 mah or 20 ah. 50volts * 20 ah = 1000 w/h or 1 kW/hr
Thats a lot... Thanks for the info E-Racer! :D

Back