Turnigy nano-tech 12800mah

I wouldn't give up on the idea just yet - HK sell 40C Turnigy 5 Ah cells individually, and they have copper tabs which solder easily. Just get your PCBs mare up to the right size and build away. Of course if you want to pull more than 100 A you'll need some decent terminations... I'll link to my thread in a while with photos :D

best way to get lipo pouches apart is to gently pry the cells apart so that you can squirt a blast of solvent in there, I found that brake cleaner (xylene iirc) destroys the adhesive with 15 secs of soak.

dogman said:
I was considering it, then realized that you'd also have to unstick the packs, because they are stacked + to -, and that tape is reallllllly sticky.

Look into a chemical called heptane. It causes adhesives to temporarily forget how to stick. It is sold commercially (for a bunch) as a product called UnDu. Or for cheap as some types of rubber cement thinner (some thinners are hexane). Or from your chemical supply house.

Just wondering, do the cells really have to be stuck together? Would a squirt of some fairly innocuous adhesive between each cell help or is even this a bit unnecessary?

Nep - I find the individual cells solder up really easily with a decent iron and some 40/60 solder. Provided you buff the tabs they are just fine. The pre-built packs probably come with a heavy-duty, high melting solder since they don't have the capacity to really turn out the amps without popping.

There was a recent post in this battery sub-forum with a couple of members using some type of alcohol to remove the sticky parts (easily apparently). I can dig the thread up if anyone wants it.

Back