Unlocking speed limit on a LSW6G-XHXGF-140207 controller

Kvist

1 µW
Hello!
Norwegian winter biker here.

1,5 years ago I bought a "Biltema MTB 27,5" " ebike, which has been good to me all this time. As this country is driving the highway tolls further and further up. We recently went from about 3,3 EUR to 5,6 EUR. As I have to drive through the toll 2 times I land closer to 15 EUR per day I drive. I am never driving anymore. Now I bike fulltime, and I feel the need to up the speedlimit on my ebike.
I am not interested in more power per say. I like the amount of exercise I get uphill. It's when I am peddaling on a flat road I would like to go 40-45 km/h-ish.

I unlocked the secret meny on the display(C965), stating I the new limit went from 25km/h to 45 km/h. It still stops at 25.. The controller I have is named "LSW6G-XHXGF-140207". Or so it say on the PCB it self. It's also stated "LSW772-120F" somewhere else, close to the controller. I am able to trick the controller by sending an Arduino signal to it. The display states f.ex. 14 km/h all the time. But the bike stops at 25 km/h still.. I am also able to trick it to believe the PAS-sensor is active, making the motor spin without peddaling! I have connected an Arduino to the serialread port, and I do indeed get values out of it. But I have no idea what protocol it is using, or how I should talk back to it.. And there doesn't seem to be any program helping me either..

There is this other guy from Norway I found here on the internet, selling the same bike which he has "programmed to assist him up to 45km/h". Aka, I believe it will be possible to program it, without physical adjustments.

I have also found some clue pointing me to believe it is a "Lishui"-controller. Someone on a german forum said that he had the same controller, but the forum talk ended last summer without any apparent solutions.

I have also noted that the CPU in the controller is a "STM32FEBKC6T6A", if that holds any value.

Do anyone have any good tips for me? Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Btw, I have a bachelor in electrical engineering, so I (want to) believe I have some knowledge about these things. But not enough for this hard nut...

If your bike has an LCD, there's a bluetooth device that can program the controller, but I think it only does the same programmable characteristics that can be done with the LCD.

https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/lishui-bluetooth-controller-programmieren-einfach-gemacht.40648/

You need to check whether you're limited by the motor speed. If the no-lad speed is the same when the battery is full and empty, then it's the controller that's limiting it. If it runs slower when the battery is down, it's the motor.

You can solve any controller speed limit by replacing the controller. That can give you a better control system too. I prefer KT sine wave controllers to LSW.

Hello!

I am pretty sure there is not bluetooth on this thing. It was not advertised as such, and I have not seen the physical bluetooth unit.

Interesting. I have never tried the motor unloaded with full contra low battery. But I know it is running slower at the end of its life. (I have ran out of battery a couple of times..)
But it always reaches the march limit of 25km/h, but just not as quickly.

How is the motor able to controll the speed btw? Is it a seperate controller inside of it? Any ideas how to proceed bypassing that?

Thanks for your reply non the less!

Back